Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTime to close Winkers down?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 1:50pm

I think the underage drinking is getting totally out of hand  - but I think most of it is bought from off licences/supermarkets - perhaps I just don't drink in the pubs where the underage drinkers are! In our day it was a challenge to get served in a pub at 16, and usually did! but if we didn't we didn't sit on the common with cans.  We also didn't get completely ratted in pubs either 'cos we new we were more likely to get sussed as underaged (we saved that for parties!!!)  But I have to say how do you id them? My son is 16 next month and I know of various friends of his who have fake photo id (saying over 18) from the internet - it's only £5 and looks very realistic - not that I've seen a real one! Having said this their parent's must have paid the £5 for them as not many 15/16 yr olds have credit cards to pay on the internet - unless there is another way to pay??!!!

I think the only way to be sure is to ask for driving licence / passport, but not everyone has either of these.  

Sponsored Links

chris View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 3:13pm

fans.it's quite simple

ID or not, fake or real, if they don't look 18 they don't get served.

Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 3:22pm
The only problem with that is that there are people who are well over the age of 18 but do not look it. For example someone I used to know got asked for ID when buying cigarettes, he was 24 at the time.

I think people should be expected to produce either a Passport or a 'Prove It' ID card.
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
fontie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 3:28pm

Oh dear... I think I would have been one of those mums who would have purchased a fake ID if I had known about them. Actually the pub and clubs are aware of these and don’t accept them.

I remember wanting to get into night clubs not to get p*ssed just to dance and show off my newly creative outfit. My parents, like myself were only to pleased firstly in knowing where I was and that I wasn’t hanging around streets.

Most of the youngsters I see down the pub or clubs are doing no harm whether they are over 18 or not.  And who to say they are all drinking anyway.

And so what every so often you see one staggering around making a prat of them selves. Haven't you... don't you?

Just make sure the person concerned is ok and that their friends are looking after them.

Edited by fontie
Jingle bells....
Big Dunc View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 3:53pm
So true, we have all been there. Some more than others, but I have never beaten anyone up or caused criminal damage.
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 3:55pm
The problem is not people staggering around a bit drunk (unless you are the one who has to look after them ) it is the people who get drunk and suddenly think that fighting with / picking on the person next to them is a good idea. 
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
fontie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 3:57pm

Me neither... but unfortunately that not just reserved for the young p*ssed heads.

All in all I feel really safe walking around Chalfont at night. I'm sure I that can't be said for many places.

I'm feeling the love.....

Edited by fontie
Jingle bells....
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 5:56pm
I dont feel safe walking the streets at night so i dont! and i know what you mean about the little chavs of chalfont! but as for whos to blame for the trouble round here is a mix between the two. I really have no idea how to stop those little bastards around the village but strickter id and saying no to those who have clearly had enough is definetly the way forward! as for them goin to barmed, does their pocket money stretch as far as to order taxis to beaconsfield? Doubt it, which means more little chavs on the street!
i am happy!! Pierre is just intoxicated
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 6:15pm
Winkers IS slack on id, i know a kid of 16 who lives near me always goes to winkers about 930 and gets hammered, reason he goes so early is he says winkers is the only place that doesnt ID him!!
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 6:36pm
i remember when i was 15 i went up winkers every week and this was cos 1. it was local 2. they never id'd me 3. it was cool to go clubing/drinking under age. Then when i hit 18 it was classed 'sad' to go if you were old enough so i went else where! Now 25 i go there  once in a while for a good boogie, only cos its local! The reason i dont go up there like i did before is because of the underage drinking and the guaranteed fight at the end of the night!
i am happy!! Pierre is just intoxicated
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>