FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTVP to clampdown on headlight flashing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Topic: TVP to clampdown on headlight flashing
    Posted: 20 September 2012 at 5:16pm
Its in the Bucks Ad. You know the score you re approaching a speed trap and motorists are flashing their headlights to warn you. I dont see the problem, you slow down,if you re going too fast, and are no longer breaking the limit and are apparently safetly driving. But no apparently police WANT people to break the law and dont want you stop them and will be dishing out fines for those caught flashing their lights.
Shame we cant have clampdowns on muggers, yobbos and burglars.
Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 5:29pm

am i not right in thinking there is a highway code.....-so here it is, 

there is an arm signal to notify other drivers/ road users you are about to reduce speed or even stop... so if you comply with the highway code and  wave your arms as you slow down  ( and this has the secondary effect of warning oncoming drivers something is ahead....eg a speed trap) surely no offence has been comitted !Big%20smile

Browse by people

The Highway Code

Signals (103-112)

Signals warn and inform other road users, including pedestrians (see 'Signals to other road users'), of your intended actions. You should always

• give clear signals in plenty of time, having checked it is not misleading to signal at that time
  • use them to advise other road users before changing course or direction, stopping or moving off
  • cancel them after use
  • make sure your signals will not confuse others. If, for instance, you want to stop after a side road, do not signal until you are passing the road. If you signal earlier it may give the impression that you intend to turn into the road. Your brake lights will warn traffic behind you that you are slowing down
  • use an arm signal to emphasise or reinforce your signal if necessary. Remember that signalling does not give you priority
need a stella and i need one now !
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 5:44pm
I keep seeing time and time again comments about various local communities who want these speed checks and think speeding is a problem on our local roads. Therefore if the majority want the police to actively hand out fines and slow down traffic doing a few mph over the limit then who am I to argue? Maybe I was wrong and maybe it is a major problem and we'll all really benefit from these fines and points. But whatever the case may be, I'm not going to bother worrying about it any more. (And the majority on here can breath a sigh of relief that one less person will be posting about speeding)

However, I'll still take the risk of a telling off or a £30 fine for warning others if I see a speed trap. It would be rude not to.
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
kermie55 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 5:56pm
You mean I cant flash my headlights to get the middle lane w**kers out the way????
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 6:15pm
Nor can you flash to say thank you down Welders lane when someone lets you pass as a POLICE CAR did to me today! They flashed and raised their hand! If we want to get picky thats inappropriate use of headlights and taking hands off the wheel.
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 8:57pm
There was a speed trap on the beaconsfield / amersham road today - useless piece of information
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 9:56pm
They re often there. ANPR traps (which i have no problem with as it catches those who feel they dont need to pay tax or insurance) are often there too
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 11:10pm
In the list of Police priorities, e.g., murder, rape, GBH, paedophilia, domestic violence, burglary, etc why do the Police spend their precious and finite resources on speed traps - answer: revenue generation.
I'm not condoning over-the-limit speeding but I do wonder about their REAL motives.
Like Dave I have no problem with ANPR traps because there are estimated to be in excess of 1 million uninsured/untaxed vehicles on the road that need to be dealt with.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by timo_w2s timo_w2s wrote:

However, I'll still take the risk of a telling off or a £30 fine for warning others if I see a speed trap. It would be rude not to.

It's not a £30 fine.

"Michael Thompson was pulled over by officers in Grimsby, north-east Lincolnshire, in July after flashing at several oncoming cars to warn them about the speed gun.

Thompson, of St Augustine Avenue, Grimsby, was charged with wilfully obstructing a police officer in the course of her duties and found guilty when he appeared at Grimsby Magistrates' Court last week.

He was fined £175 and ordered to pay £250 costs and a £15 victim surcharge after the half-day hearing."

timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Originally posted by timo_w2s timo_w2s wrote:

However, I'll still take the risk of a telling off or a £30 fine for warning others if I see a speed trap. It would be rude not to. [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />

It's not a £30 fine.

"Michael Thompson was pulled over by officers in Grimsby, north-east Lincolnshire, in July after flashing at several oncoming cars to warn them about the speed gun.
<DIV =secondPar>

Thompson, of St Augustine Avenue, Grimsby, was charged with wilfully obstructing a police officer in the course of her duties and found guilty when he appeared at Grimsby Magistrates' Court last week.

<DIV =thirdPar>

He was fined £175 and ordered to pay £250 costs and a £15 victim surcharge after the half-day hearing."

Eek, I was just going by what the Bucks Ad article said. Oh well I'll just run away to Finland and never come back.
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>