FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTVP to clampdown on headlight flashing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Annoying Jamie Annoying Jamie wrote:

My friend went past the speed trap on the A355 in Beaconsfield and said to the PC by the road "Be nice if you could catch some burglars."

Well that was it, another PC jumped into his car and roared after my friend, stopping him in the middle of the road and then going over his car with a fine tooth comb. As hes fully insured,licenced,taxed,MOTed etc etc they found nothing and let him go after stern words about some waffle my friend didnt bother listening to. Who the HELL do these people think they are. Its not like he shouted OI F you pig. He simply said be nice if you could catch some burglars.

they hate that,
'haven't you got better things to do'....lol
stop HS2.
Sponsored Links

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 2:37pm
is it because Traffic police are there to deal with traffic offences not to deal with burglaries? 
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

is it because Traffic police are there to deal with traffic offences not to deal with burglaries? 

that used to be the case, now they deal with anything.
stop HS2.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 11:04am
they were out if force yeasterday  in CSG, with speed monitoring equipment
need a stella and i need one now !
rescued View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

Oh right!! So we re not to intervene if we see an offence being commited, so next time i see 2 officers being thrown around by a drugged up lunatic in Watford i wont help them deck him like i did last time ill stand and watch so as not to "obstruct a police officer."
By flashing you re lights you re saying "oi slow down" and ive done that on a few occasions where theres no speed trap anywhere around.

Don't be absurd. Your self aggrandising anecdotes have absolutely no relevance here at all because the situation is entirely different. If you flash your lights telling someone to slow down, you are defeating the entire object of a speed trap, as I said a couple of posts after my original one, because you've told someone it's there when the whole point of it is to catch people unaware.

My friend went past the speed trap on the A355 in Beaconsfield and said to the PC by the road "Be nice if you could catch some burglars."

Well that was it, another PC jumped into his car and roared after my friend, stopping him in the middle of the road and then going over his car with a fine tooth comb. As hes fully insured,licenced,taxed,MOTed etc etc they found nothing and let him go after stern words about some waffle my friend didnt bother listening to. Who the HELL do these people think they are. Its not like he shouted OI F you pig. He simply said be nice if you could catch some burglars.

Well to be fair, he pretty much asked for it. Never mind who the police think they are, what makes your friend think he's in a position to tell someone else how to do their job and just generally behave like a complete pr*ck?
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 12:15pm
Oh what big words. I will continue to flash my lights to tell people to slow down and as for AJ his mate wasnt telling anyone how to do their job.Read the post before posting your ramblings.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 1:22pm
trolls...lol
stop HS2.
Annoying Jamie View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 4:47pm
Erm excuse me sir, my friend pays his taxes and the taxes pay the police and in a democracy he has a right to question what they do. This is not the Soviet union.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 8:12pm

Erm excuse me sir, my friend pays his taxes and the taxes pay the police and in a democracy he has a right to question what they do. This is not the Soviet union.

So what if for some reason, rightly or wrongly, the policeman perceived your friend's comment as a taunt, a sort of catch me if you can type of comment.

What would you have him do, let the person get away without recourse on the basis that it was some smart ****. or would you have him check it out properly in case it was a perpetrator of some sort. I think I'd be pleased that he checked it out.

If your friend has a genuine grievance he should take it up through the proper channels and not try to shoot the messenger who is doing what the democracy is asking him to do.

Art

*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 9:00pm
"Rescued" comments might carry more weight if many police didn't speed when they are not on duty. And some when they are but not active. Having been in a car pulled over by police because the driver was black, and having four police cars surrounding us, I welcome the vote for accountability. The UKIP have a candidate who might put things right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>