Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holy Cross NSE Development

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Poll Question: Should the 'village' carry on the legal fight against the development
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
31 [77.50%]
9 [22.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:28pm
 THE MIDDLE SCHOOL IS TURNING AWAY  CHILDREN,  the headmaster stated that at the recent meeting at the community centre... and if you build all these additinal houses where do the  offspring of these new residents go to school ???

the councils plan is to ship them to tilehouse school in denham....

i still think the most sensible option is to swap sites, move the middle school to the holy cross site  and make any required ammendments needed- any space not utilised for educational purposes could be returned to the community , change the current middle school site into residential use,    and expand the village  slowly...... the addiitonal large numbers of proposed housing on the site will just cause strain on current services and utilities if done in one go, and in one place, cant the district /area as a whole take a proportion of the required additional housing,  why is a large number  allocated to CSP ???

is that because someone re-classified the holy cross site from educational to residential some time ago while no one was looking ?

Edited by big baggles - 20 August 2013 at 1:29pm
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by watsy watsy wrote:

There will be a few inevitable objections such as moving the allotments a few hundred yards from where they are currently to the other end of the area but everything is possible with that site.

Damn right there'd be objections. It took me a year to dig mine over from the meadow like state it was in when I took it on. I'd rather not have to do that again from scratch at a new site even if it was only "a few hundred yards" from where it is now.
foodfrom4.com
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2013 at 9:25am
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

THE MIDDLE SCHOOL IS TURNING AWAY  CHILDREN,  the headmaster stated that at the recent meeting at the community centre... and if you build all these additinal houses where do the  offspring of these new residents go to school ???

Robertswood has spare capacity and takes lots of pupils from Denham.  So they can stop taking from Denham and take children from Chalfont - problem solved.
If The middle school goes to Holy Cross, Robertswood may struggle, it is a good school but you will probably end up merging the two - and creating traffic chaos in the centre of the village.
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2013 at 8:10pm
Most councils in the country have primary school capacity issues in the next 5 years. The population is growing and the government is not investing in new primary schools. Most councils are trying to add on classrooms to existing school buildings on the cheap.
Is back in the game! :)
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2013 at 11:00pm
mr underwood ( head of the middle school) talked about turning down approx 40 students a year who request a place in the academy....

robertswood may have capacity now...... but when you build several hundred homes the chances are there will be some offspring who in turn will need school places- so lets say that takes up the shortfall in robertswood and fills the places there.... so where do the rest go ?- we ship them tilehouse school ??

i understand the reputation of robertswood is better than that of tilehouse too.....so the places will be in demand 
Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Leachcroft and Layters do not have the intensity of the proposed new development. If people are given space they tend to be happier. Crowd them into a small space on top of each other and only the very poor and dregs of society will end up living there. I predict it will be a no go area within 10 years.

There must be at least three hundred homes in Layters, Leachcroft and surrounding roads.

Edited by Nessun Dorma - 22 August 2013 at 10:24pm
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Think Golf Links Estate or Chalk Farm. That's what we are being given.
Don't be ridiculous. It isn't even close to being that.
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 7:22pm

i still think the most sensible option is to swap sites, move the middle school to the holy cross site  and make any required ammendments needed- any space not utilised for educational purposes could be returned to the community , change the current middle school site into residential use,    and expand the village  slowly...... the addiitonal large numbers of proposed housing on the site will just cause strain on current services and utilities if done in one go, and in one place, cant the district /area as a whole take a proportion of the required additional housing,  why is a large number  allocated to CSP ???

is that because someone re-classified the holy cross site from educational to residential some time ago while no one was looking ?

The middle school is not turning children away because of the lack of school places in the village.
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 7:25pm

mr underwood ( head of the middle school) talked about turning down approx 40 students a year who request a place in the academy....

robertswood may have capacity now...... but when you build several hundred homes the chances are there will be some offspring who in turn will need school places- so lets say that takes up the shortfall in robertswood and fills the places there.... so where do the rest go ?- we ship them tilehouse school ??

i understand the reputation of robertswood is better than that of tilehouse too.....so the places will be in demand 

Those two statements are incongruous; they are non sequitur.

Edited by Nessun Dorma - 22 August 2013 at 7:26pm
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 9:22pm
do tell me why ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>