Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CSP Families from yesteryear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 1:54pm
Rickmansworth Lane - opp the bottom of Monument Lane. Still referred to by locals as Bails.
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Rich Kid Rich Kid wrote:

Anyone remember the Gilberts who ran the Chalfont Common Post Office? I believe one of the daughters ran the ladies hairdressing shop next door.
Other names from Hillside Close - James Plested, Keith Putman, Willie Cooper, Bob Crow, Chris Miller (lived next door to Putmans), the Betts family, Jane Munday, Fergusons, the Birch family who moved to Criss Cross Grove, Christine & Noleen Hearne (had Irish parents), the Shapcott family.

Did my apprenticeship with Kieth Putman at Chalfont tool, churchfield road. Henry (father) was big in the " Royal ordnance of Buffalo's" ( poor mans "Free Masions ")
I remember Kathy Betts from school.
"Gilbert's " the youngest daughter of 3 used to go with Paul Carpenter ( he lived at the top of Bostgridge lane) he had a sister Ann. Paul and girlfriend used to get around in a VW caravanet, along with Bob Harmon, Cathy Gossling, Tossel & Ken Jarman.

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 11:08am
Originally posted by hissing sid hissing sid wrote:

[Tossel & Ken Jarman.
Did Ken have a brother called Sid? Lived in Glebe Road i believe.

Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Rich Kid Rich Kid wrote:

Originally posted by hissing sid hissing sid wrote:

[Tossel & Ken Jarman.

Did Ken have a brother called Sid? Lived in Glebe Road i believe.

Yep, I think he was commando of sort in the army ( probably military service) built like brick s*** house as the saying goes
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

dot poleykett View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 5:53pm
Was it ken Harmon and Sid Jàrman? Perhaps at 69 I'm a bit muddled.
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by dot poleykett dot poleykett wrote:

Was it ken Harmon and Sid Jàrman? Perhaps at 69 I'm a bit muddled.

Sid Jarman was the oldest, followed by Ken. They then had a sister who was a lot younger.
Bob Harman lived just inside Leachcroft on the left. He married Kathy Goslin. Bob had an older sister, Tareser or Tracy. Unfortunately they both died young ( in there 20's). I'm sure they also had a younger brother.
Bob and Kathy had a son, I think Kathy moved on and married one of Taylor's
Hissing Sid

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 6:35pm
What were the names of the two sisters who lived in a house on/near the corner of Lansdown Road and Laurel Road during the mid-sixties?
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 10:42am
Anyone remember John Hawker or Tony Bowler who both lived in Field Way? I believe Tony's father played for CSP FC, a winger (remember them?), or an inside forward.
Butterfly View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 12:18pm
Re- sisters at end of Lansdown/Laurel road - Do you mean the Williams sisters? Or the Hahns (no idea of spelling)?

Edited by Butterfly - 04 July 2015 at 12:20pm
born and bred View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 12:44pm
Tony Bowler played football as a goalkeeper for local teams. He worked as an car electrician at Birks in GX
I believed he married a lovely German girl.
His elder brother Jimmy also played football. Jimmy has now died. I played with both of them . Great guys.

local born and bred
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>