Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Precinct Car Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh G Rection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2016 at 8:07pm
It's closed downstairs...
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2016 at 9:10pm
what about upstairs then Hugh?
Nicky View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2016 at 5:21pm
Does anyone know how on earth they can police where you shop within the one hour time limit? I have visions of a man wearing dark glasses and a brown trench coat following people around the shops Smile
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2016 at 5:46pm
Hugh G Rection, Has Nicky seen you in real life??????????????
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2016 at 11:58pm
nicky they cant, the cameras detect your registration upon arrival in the precinct car park via the 2 digital cameras fitted, they also  register what time you leave the car park, if the duration is over 60 mins i guess they apply to DVLA for registered keeper details to send you a letter...

from my observation the two  bays by timpsons/ natwest will be diffiicult to monitor from the current camera positions

i usually walk, but if i dont i will continue to park in precinct, and use the post office, genesis, halls and the likes along with judds birrings and other village shops, i will just make sure i dont stay for more than 60 minutes...

the cameras are pointing towards the george/ greyhound, they have no idea where the drivers have gone to shop ... dont take any notice of the daft postings on here about ' may get a fine if you go to flames'

people like to panic over nothing.... 
need a stella and i need one now !
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 9:06am
Sometimes they have a guy sitting in a car watching, if you park up and leave the vicinity he will write out a ticket. There ll be a box on there ticked as the reason for the ticket is that you left the area.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 9:42am
what a sad life he must lead
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 11:32am
Looks like Malc is right. The precinct car park was empty this (Saturday) morning when I called at Halls for a loaf. It's ages since I've parked in the village since, like most locals now, I shop in GX where 3 hours free parking is on offer.

I hadn't realised one is only supposed to park in the precinct if using the precinct shops. This fact will prevent me from parking there again, as will the constant approaches from the Big Issue seller. He's polite enough, but I shouldn't have to be made to feel guilty for not buying a magazine for the homeless from someone who isn't homeless.

One hour's parking may be enough to pick up a loaf and some sausages, but it's not long enough to pick up those items AND have your hair done and queue at the bank. I can do all these things in GX without having to pay for parking.

Let's hope the Co-op when they arrive see the sense of extending their parking to 2 hours. I might just be tempted in if they do.

The staff in a very empty Budgens were looking pretty miserable this morning too. Perhaps it's due to impending job losses but the lady who served me this morning did not respond to my cheery 'good morning', did not tell me the price of my totalled items, so I had to put my glasses on to read the till, and she virtually threw the change at me before walking away and leaving the till unmanned. Tal about a wordless exchange. It was gone 10 o'clock and not all the lights were turned on over the counters. 'Doesn't exactly make you feel welcome.

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 11:53am
Bucks,  you are probably right they may be concerned about redundancy and if you aren't made to feel welcome then generally you'll go elsewhere

Unfortunately, some people dont understand the value of a smile or a bit of charm.  I have on the otherhand which is why since mastering the art I have found myself pretty irresitable to women
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2016 at 10:08am
Then I am prepared to endorse your application to join the staff at the new Co-op, MV.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>