Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Remembrance Day Parade needs you!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Remembrance Day Parade needs you!!
    Posted: 14 June 2016 at 1:17pm
Dear All,

As you know we traditionally have a remembrance day parade in the village. For various reasons the organising of this parade has become very difficult and we need to do some research and form filling to enable the parade to take place. As it stands at the moment, the parade is very close to not going ahead. I am working with David Martin (Con. Councillor)to keep it going but I desperately need help, I have a young family and I already organise the poppy appeal for the village, wreaths, etc. If there is anyone out there who can take over working with David and other authorities to keep the parade going, please PM me,
Many thanks in advance,
Kindest Regards,
Emma.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 12:17pm
Have you had any PM interest then Emma??
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 2:28pm
Hi MV Owner. No nothing at all, from here or Streetlife. 154 views on here though so maybe one of them or somebody they know may come back to me. I have had a couple of chats on Streetlife with people who have offered help with bits and bobs but not the actual road closure. Interestingly the people who contacted me are already known to me because they already do a huge amount in the village, not the ideal candidates to take on more.

For clarity, that is what I'm asking for. Somebody to do the paperwork and liaison to close the road. I will still arrange the wreaths, attendance, etc. It is simply that aspect.

The thing is MV Owner I wonder what people think? Is it, actually I don't care the parade can die out, is it, oh if we stay quiet the same old faces will carry on doing it? I'm not sure.

One thing I can be certain of is that when I post on here that we have cancelled it and there will be a simple wreath laying ceremony everyone will be moaning and groaning as they did when Feast Day have had to change format. These events don't happen because the fairies waved a magic wand. We desperately want this to continue and we will support anyone who says they'll help us BUT we will have to cancel it if nobody comes forward. David Martin has worked wonders and helped us get this far, the girls band is booked, I'm about to order the wreaths, it's now or never. Maybe it not happening will force people to put themselves forward and take a role in the future.

I'm also contacting the paper to see if they can run a piece, Thanks for asking!

Edited by EmmaO - 17 June 2016 at 2:30pm
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2016 at 6:38am
Emma. I do the road closure for fun night with Mike day. Pm or email me .
Is back in the game! :)
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2016 at 7:57am
Hi walrus, I'll pm you, Mike has already given me some advice too.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2016 at 10:04am
Hi Emma, perhaps you could email the Scout Camp and also the Youth Centre to see if they can help too!
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2016 at 10:05am
Also could you contact the Bucks Free Press to run a piece????
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 2:10pm
Hi MV Owner, yes I have contacted the local press to see if we can recruit somebody that way. The scouts and the ATC are are fantastic suppport to the poppy appeal already but this isn't something a child/teenager can do, it needs an adult to take charge. Thanks for the idea's though, I appreciate your help.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 4:57pm
OK! So things are moving on and with a considerable amount of help from a very few people we are getting there. The next stage is I need to have 20 volunteers to man the road closures. This will mean you volunteering between 2pm and 3.30pm on Sunday 13th November.

This is the deal breaker, if I can't get 20 people for that 1.5hrs then it is all over. Please PM me if you can help.
 Post Reply Post Reply