Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

road changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maureen wickes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2017 at 10:39pm
The wall was passed with an artist sketch of a vague wall in a street scene, the planting is ivy which will not cover the wall and painting it won't change the look any more than make up changes me! Not told of any render - how could you render an rsj? That also won't make the wall any more straight or level and the pavement is collapsing where the wall kicks in. The only thing which will have any impact on them is bad press so facebook, local or national press and tv. I do think it is bad enough for an interesting story if it is presented well enough. It looks more like the entrance to a third world trailer park than an upmarket development.
Sponsored Links

ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2017 at 6:36am
The council told me that the wall will be painted green, trellis fixed to the wall and planting on top allowed to grow down the wall. This will not only look out of keeping but will require regular maintenance to repaint the wall, repair trellis and prune the foliage. Would it not be better to spend this money on a brick fascia that would require minimal maintenance and be more in keeping with the look of Market Place?

Maureen wickes View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maureen wickes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2017 at 6:57am
From a recent conversation with CDC it seems that the wall and pavement permissions were given with no conditions as to the construction, this was all to be negotiated at a later date. This then gave Persimmon free rein to put up what they liked, I have been promised copies of the plans relating to this but have not heard from them so the cynic in me suspects that they may not exist - we shall see.

CDC told me yesterday that it will be battens added to the front to support foliage, whatever they put there is not acceptable.
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maureen wickes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 7:35am
Received nothing re the plans for the wall, will make my request more formal this time. Our MP has asked questions and received a letter stating that the wall will be painted with camouflage paint!

Someone at CDC Planning has made a huge mess of this and we, the residents, are having to now suffer the consequences
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 7:58am
This seems so short-sighted to me. Surely, anyone remotely contemplating buying one of the new houses - anyone, that is, who hasn't googled Persimmon Homes and seen the huge amount of adverse feedback about the standard of their building - would be put off by seeing such a shoddy wall at the entrance to the estate. 'Seems Persimmon don't even know or care about 'window dressing'.

lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 4:25pm
I think we have to give them a chance. They are not going to complete the wall until the majority of the building work is finished. We may not like it but that's the way these building sites work. My husband has worked on them for 35 years and normally the last thing to be built is any perimeter wall, normally when most if not all of the houses are built. Maybe they are just waiting for some better weather to finish it off.Not really sure there are any consequences, just a bit of an ugly wall to look at. I feel that we need to get things in proportion here.
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maureen wickes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 7:54am
The point is, why build an ugly wall when an attractive one could have been built? Would anyone put this in their garden?

The shopkeepers opposite are looking at it all day, every day, so not sure they would agree that it's not a big deal.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2017 at 8:46pm
if the wall is to be painted, who is expected to  maintain the paint finish ?  - who in 5 yrs time will repaint this ? - at who's cost ?

the wall is nasty, the  sections were cast in situ- theyr'e not even level -

it looks awful- how anyone can think this is a good advert for the quality of workmanship of the houses being built...- if i saw the wall sections i would think the homes being built were equally nasty and of poor quality....
need a stella and i need one now !
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2017 at 11:31pm
I can assure you that the quality of the work is awful.There is not a single locally hired person on the whole job. Let alone hired from within the UK.
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 7:59am
Isn't there someone out there who has time on their hands to rally up enough people in similar situations who can occupy the site and prevent them getting on with the build, I'm sure they will get the wall sorted then. We need some women like they had at Greenham Common years ago, prepared to camp out, bit chilly at the moment though!
I can't see the toothless councils getting anywhere with it so disrupting their building programme is all I can think of.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>