Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new wall on Market Place

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new wall on Market Place
    Posted: 09 January 2017 at 4:26pm
Does anyone know if that is how the finished wall is going to look permanently? Looks half finished and ugly. Needs a brick fascia or something
Sponsored Links

PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 5:44pm
I agree..........it looks unfinished and tatty.
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 5:44pm
There's been a number of comments on here and other sites about the "wall". As I understand it, it will eventually be landscaped with possibly foliage growing over and down. But, as with any large project. Landscaping is the last item on the list. I guess you will just have to wait (a long time) and see
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 4:16pm
It looks like an invitation for graffiti artists
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 4:39pm
If this was here in N America. Local clubs, church groups and possibly schools etc. would be allocated a section, then invited to paint a mural. On a subject matter that depicted the village etc. Having not seen the wall, I don't know if this is possible. But just an idea
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 8:23am
Read elsewhere it is about to be painted. That isn't the best solution...

For non residents, here are a few photos of what it looks like as of yesterday, and one of the Bakers Arms / Poachers being updated (and the toilets being roof being re-done by the looks of it).

Poachers, Toilets, White Hart
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 8:24am
One of the new Savers shop too...Savers Chalfont St Peter
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 8:25am
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 8:27am
Holy Cross Building Work, peering over the fence.
Holy Cross Building Work
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 8:28am
The new arrangements at the Vale /Market Place junction.
Vale Market Place junction
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>