Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The George

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 12:30pm
Had a meal in "La Bodega" at the weekend, the food was very good, the place was very busy and as a consequence noisy, it needs some plants or soft furnishings to deaden the volume. We had a really good evening, decent welcoming service, sensible prices and good food, I'll definitely be going back, a good addition to the village.
Sunray
Sponsored Links

Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 4:08pm
Has out resident restaurant critique MV sampled it yet...i'm not going until he gives it the thumbs up.
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 5:16pm
We tried it also. Excellent food. Place is a little stark, yes - needs paintings or softening furnishings etc. The tables are way too small actually for a full tapas meal for three, they didn't think that one through. House wine nice as well. Will be back many times.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 7:59pm
I'm not into Tapas Rod so will unfortunately not be sampling it.  I'd rather try the Raj Dahbar, say hello to 'Smiler'and then wander up to the Three Oaks for a couple of chasers

Edited by MV Owner - 15 August 2017 at 8:07pm
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2017 at 3:16pm
Had a fantastic lunch in here earlier, great service, lovely food.

Sadly , empty.

This place needs supporting or will end up another empty establishment.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
LilyRose View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2017 at 8:27am
Four of us went last night. It was very full by the time we left so plenty of people are giving it a go. The food was good but the staff were very inexperienced and we felt neglected once we had been served. In my opinion they have crammed too many tables in. The acoustics are awful. They need some noise dampening measures as it was very loud and echoey. No soft furnishings, so it had the atmosphere of a canteen. I am hoping the management take notice of peoples' comments as I will go back and I want them to succeed. We weren't asked how our meal was. We would probably have ordered another bottle of wine and dessert so they lost out there. It took ages for us to get their attention to ask for the bill. They are certainly not lacking in staff, it was just bad staff training in my opinion. Anyway, I will go back as the food was pretty good.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2017 at 12:26pm
We had a lovely meal here last night, we went earlier, around 6.30pm and it was moderately busy and getting busier, the service was great and the food was brilliant, the desert trolley is a total dream, all home made puddings and the the two we had, lemon meringue and coffee and chocolate mousse cake were fabulous. They said they had been incredibly busy the last two nights. Note on staff! They have employed lots of village teenagers/young adults alongside their more experienced staff which I think is fantastic, as a result, for some of the staff this is their first role and the lovely young lady who served us said Juan was training them all and what a lovely man he was, so IMHO it's not bad staff training it is a work in progress and we just all need to be a little patient while they find their feet. We enjoyed the atmosphere and found it very authentic, really looking forward to heading back.

Edited by EmmaO - 03 September 2017 at 2:16pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345