Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Expensive night out!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expensive night out!!
    Posted: 25 April 2017 at 2:52pm
A friend of mine parked in the precinct by the old HSBC a couple of Saturdays back from 8.30pm to 11pm.
He's just received a £100 fine😡
Sponsored Links

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 3:56pm
That's rubbish, he must feel so annoyed. I know they've improved the signage but you just don't really expect that 'out of hours' There was a thread on here somewhere giving advise on how to challenge these tickets, I wonder if anyone knows where it is?
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 6:56pm
This may be helpful, cannot guarantee as I've never used it myself.

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by EmmaO EmmaO wrote:

That's rubbish, he must feel so annoyed. I know they've improved the signage but you just don't really expect that 'out of hours' There was a thread on here somewhere giving advise on how to challenge these tickets, I wonder if anyone knows where it is?

I think maybe the thread you are looking for, was on the old street life forum
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

GODDESS View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GODDESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 10:35am

I think maybe the thread you are looking for, was on the old street life forum.
hear hear Sid
chalfontlad89 View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalfontlad89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 4:37pm
just ignore it they rarely do anything. They sent me a few letters and then just gave up. 

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 9:58am
This link may prove useful on the subject:

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 10:37am
Ah yes I think you are right Hissing Sid, thanks.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 11:30am
The law on this has changed following the Beavis case at the Court of Appeal in 2015. This is reported here. The quote from the RAC about the days of excessive parking ‘fines’ being numbered would seem to be wishful thinking.

Look here for a good up-to-date article on the current position.

Not good news for the OP – sorry about that!

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 11:29am
These actions of the parking Nazis are exactly why, like many people, I have stopped parking in the precinct and consequently never use the shops there. No point in buying bread from Halls when you can get nicer bread at Stratton bakery which is nearer to the Church Lane car park. To be frank, though, with free parking in GX, I have started buying my daily bread from Wenzel's (which is cheaper and where with a loyalty card every 10th loaf is free.) I rarely shop in the village at all nowadays. I can recall a time when CSP was commended for having no shops empty. Now look at the village. Let's hope matters improve when M&S take over the old M&Co property. If not, I'll continue to use M&S in GX.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>