Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

parish council AGM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 10:20am
Once again I disagree, if all roads had double yellows down one side it would keep them free flowing, I agree it would move the problem elsewhere but really that is what we need. The vans etc outside Mr Crusty are generally not there for long but people would certainly think twice about leaving cars parked all day on lines. If people had to park further away it might encourage the to car share or use other transport.
The fact the incredibly stupid people have allowed planning to go ahead for hundreds of properties and offices without thinking of parking should not prevent us protecting both the look and the safety of the village.
Sponsored Links

Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 10:25am
So what they should do is send a working party into the village on a weekday and see it for themselves, could we request that? They would then see so many violations on every road.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 6:45pm
many residents have photographed it , even filmed it  , many have outlined the issues, the times and alot of the bottlenecks in and around CSP, 

these reference documents/ films have been sent to both parish and district as well as county councillors...

we have followed up with 1 -2-1 meetings with councillors, we have also had  residents join and support the NAG, and we were told things are happening , and a village wide review is happening....

the agm was much earlier in the year..... we started raising this issue at 2016 parish AGM , we are now heading very quickly towards 2018..... 

nearly 2 years on now..... i will raise it yet again with fresh  material in 2018 !

need a stella and i need one now !
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 7:16pm
Well done, we need momentum, surely we are owed a considerable debt for the destruction of our village.
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 8:06pm
This surely takes us back to the question raised some month's ago on streetwise about s106 payments from the developers at holy cross and the way in which they have been used ? They should have been used to help prop up the infrastructure around the developement. I have been aware for sometime that lovel end has been fundraising to build a dinning room for the school. How can it be right that the entire payment has gone to another area ?
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2017 at 10:14am
Raise it through an FOI. It all has to be recorded then, increases accountability and they have time limits (20 days) to reply !
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 11:56am
S106 payments are for new projects....they cannot be used for extensions or refurbished of existing community facailities
need a stella and i need one now !
Libtek View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 12:42pm
Double yellows are urgently needed in all the residential roads near the Market Place. I live near the Junior School and am sick of having to fight my way out of the road and along The Vale every time I go out. Poor parking by some teachers along Boundary Road and Laurel Road make things worse. These roads are not very wide and a few people are so thoughtless, that they sometimes park on both sides of the road which means lorries and emergency vehicles cannot easily get through. People are even parking on the pavement, which means pedestrians have to walk in the road. I have been told several times by lorry  drivers to move "my car". I just shrug and tell them it's not my car and to complain to the school. At school home time it's worse as mother's cars add to the chaos though at least they usually move on fairly quickly.
I have never seen any one visiting the roads round the school to look at parking,  so maybe it's overdue. Something has to be done as I fail to see why local resdents freedom of movement is restricted by a few thoughtless people.
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
Pat View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 1:15pm
Parking in Chalfont St. Peter is due to building of offices and promoting jobs etc without considering the extra cars and parking required.This seems to be the way councils think as though cars are a thing of the past and ingnoring them and then they will go away.
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 5:12pm
My understanding was that section 106 payments could be used to extend and refurbish existing projects as long as it can be shown that it is to increase capacity and usage for new developments ? Its all very complicated !!😕😕
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234