Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Political Hijacking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Political Hijacking
    Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:18am
Really upset today to see that I can't even walk from Crumbs to Richard Adams without being Politically Hijacked by people shoving leaflets in your face as you try to go about your shopping.

I accept that people have a right to encourage you to vote for their party, however when I cross the crossing and Mr Meacock shoves a leaflet in your face, and you politely decline, and he still follows up with saying "so ... you are happy that the Government spending £10 billion on HS2", I object.

Mr Meacock, and all the others canvassing in the Village - If you want to make "Allowing people to do their shopping without being harassed" your main political theme, then I will gladly vote for them.

Rant over.
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:11pm
Swj, sounds like you should have stopped walking for a moment an given him a piece of your mind in person.  I'd have felt the need to do that
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 2:05pm
I think the clue is in the name!
swej View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 2:55pm
HA HA ! I think you may be right there LOL
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:03pm
Sadly, he gives the party a bad name.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 9:19pm
And the person who gives the party a good name would be????????
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
dickybird View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:02pm
I saw on my postal vote form that Conservative candidate for Amersham and Chesham Cheryl Gillan does not live in Amersham or Chesham, or even close to Amersham or Chesham...Confused
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 9:23am
she sold up rapid when Hs2 was discussed initially !
need a stella and i need one now !
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 8:58am
apparently she was in the village canvassing yesterday too.....
need a stella and i need one now !
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 9:23am
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

apparently she was in the village canvassing yesterday too.....

Maybe she's seen the recent polls!😏
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>