Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Green Fence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 10:24am
I actually meant the empty/unvisited shops

The new precinct plans will help enormously

Traffic is a different problem , they need to stop allowing parking on Market place. Sorry, but they do. CSP is just being used as a cut through
Sponsored Links

ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by GXCSP GXCSP wrote:

I actually meant the empty/unvisited shops

Traffic is a different problem , they need to stop allowing parking on Market place. Sorry, but they do. CSP is just being used as a cut through

Sorry, disagree, all that banning parking would do is turn it into a racetrack and probably used more as a cut through. The traffic needs slowing down. 

The challenge is that all of these houses are being built in an environment which is not sustainable. Market Place & High Street as a 20mph zone with a few pinch points would be more like it, discourage those that use it as a cut through, the locals shouldn't mind, it is protecting their environment after all. 

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
red 5 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2017 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by red 5 red 5 wrote:

Sadly I think a couple of you are right - from previous experience this board will be used for marketing reasons... So expect adverts to be posted on there soon.
Wasn't planning permission sought and refused for bigger marketing boards?
Maybe we should add our own marketing messages: Houses made of cardboard. Live here if you don't want your drains to work. No school places left in this village...

And so it has happened...

Is planning permission required? Not clear on the Planning Portal.
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2017 at 8:34am
Originally posted by ArtB ArtB wrote:

Market Place & High Street as a 20mph zone with a few pinch points would be more like it, 
Art

It would discourage me too. I hate all that so-called "traffic calming" rubbish. I avoid places that use it as much a I can.
P
Sjb View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 10:33am
We went to have a look at the development yesterday (just being noisy). The new houses are so close to road and all look so cramped together.. Looks a mess! It's a real shame that builders have rushed it and couldn't have done a better job.. Unlike the Inland Builders who are at least consulting local residents about the Wilton Park development in Beaconsfield. Don't understand how these builders have got away with so much..
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 12:01am
Just got back from hols. Never thought I'd say it but can we have the green fence back😩
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 6:59pm
so mcarthy and stone retirement flats are going ahead..... this is our ' public amenity' as part of this monstrous development...?

this was in lieu of a  care home which was part of the original  proposal...so ...no care home for the elderly with care provision as per the original plan for 'potentially anyone'....

instead we get high cost private flats for the over 55's with no care provision, - residents have to sort out there own care provision...and these flats have to be sold and resold via mcarthy and stone.....

so unless you can afford the half million price tag for a mcarthy flat you can go elsewhere....how are these private flats a community asset ?

yet again the community looses out....

Edited by big baggles - 06 September 2017 at 7:01pm
need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234