Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VisionChalfonts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 10:08pm
Oh and in relation to the trees.....no more trees are being felled, they removed ones that were rotten. Most trees are protected and if you speak to the site sales team they will show you the development drawings I’m sure, and they show the trees as I’ve mentioned above...

Yes actually, I do think you need to get over it as the homes are built and people are happily living on site. No amount of “investigation” is going to turn back time...stop living in the past!

As a newbie I’m really not sure I’m best placed to say, other than the obvious boost to the local economy and beautiful homes for people who now can afford to buy their own, thanks to the development (myself included) and much needed affordable housing schemes through housing association. I don’t see any negatives within that and I know this was a very hotly contested development, but as it’s very much happening.....let it go! Really not sure why it is still causing local aggro when it’s done.....seriously people!

(Where I’ve written ‘cap’ it should say csp ...autocorrect!)
Sponsored Links

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 10:01am
The young people in the village and the elderly do a great deal in this village for charity and on a voluntary basis, especially for the poppy appeal. Without the support of the schools, the ATC, the scouts and guides we would take approx 50% less then we currently do, I am tremenously grateful for their support. Without the support of the over 80's and the children we'd take a minute fraction of what we currently do. We have started to get a few new faces on board and it's great to see and I think they all enjoy theor involvement.

What I need is mature people, organised and capable of co-ordinating other groups of people. It isn't only me that needs these more mature people. I saw the same faces changing the Christmas lights on Sunday, sorry guys I couldn't help this time but I can say, as I keep saying, it's the same people organising everything that is valued in the village by and large, this is unsustainable. If anyone out there would like to be our new Poppy Appeal Organiser then please do contact me. We are up to £10,800 this year so far and still counting, it's very rewarding and has brought me into contact with some amazing people, I'll still be volunteering but am unable to continue co-ordinating it, especially now I have the parade to organise (with a brilliant team) too. If you can't commit to that amount of time then there are lots of other roles available, not just within the poppies but for Feast Day and Fun Night, etc.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 10:10am
Newbie- I wish you so well in your home and all the others that have moved in, welcome. I think the development will bring good and bad to the village but you can not tell people to 'just get over it' when the money that we were promised to benefit our community has gone elsewhere. You won't be 'getting over it' when half the people in the village can't get to see a doctor and can't get a school place and can't drive down a road because of excessive traffic or the flooding we experience is made worse by a badly thought through plan. That's what people object to I believe.

Edited by EmmaO - 20 November 2017 at 10:11am
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 10:14am
so you cant actually highlight the benefits, other than you bought a house, there are housing association houses built and a boost to the local economy,   oh and no MORE trees will be felled...

these benefits would also be in place for any development  in an around CSP...nothing special about the grange...

roll on the mcarthy and stone build, half a million pound flats with high  annual service charges for the over 55's and no elderly care provision..... and this is in place of the elderly care home outlined on the original planning docs for the grange....so no public ammenity, now privately owned  flats for the over 55's....ii expect you think this is another benefit ....yeah right, - get over yourselves and move on you say.....

how can the elderly move on at those prices ? the village has gained little from the grange so far, - a crappy concrete wall, low quality trellis, lousy new road schemes and a loss of public facilities...green spaces, trees, and the promised care home, 

too many dodgy goings on...too many u turns and back handers..... how many local trades  involved with the builds.....? 

i fail to see many positives yet.... i am glad we have many more homes for people to live in, but no  public transport improvements, - parking will become a major issue once all dwellings are complete, and are the homes really affordable  ( other than the shared ownership ones ) how can first time buyers afford £440,000 for a 2 bed ?

no positives i can see yet...apart from the bank balance of persimmon

need a stella and i need one now !
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 11:54am
Great post's by Big Baffles & EmmaO.👍

I entirely share your sentiments, as do the vast majority of local folk I talk to.

Careful though, you might get accused like me of "never been out off CSP"...😂😂

Edited by brewski - 20 November 2017 at 4:21pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 4:40pm
Well I've only been here 9 years so I am a newcomer, as somebody genuinely called me the other day!
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 4:50pm
thats long enough Emma O to know whats right and whats generally not for CSP !

Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 10:24am
ericas post on CSP facebook page is a concern, it is said more trees being felled on the site ?

surely not ? 

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 11:45am
Would not surprise me.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12