Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Range Rover driver outide Waitrose GX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2017 at 9:24pm
Point taken, it as a joke but I'll withdraw such a silly comment
Sponsored Links

Nikblik View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikblik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 4:20pm
edited as my driving story obviously wasnt appreciated

So, in summary I much much much prefer CSP

Edited by Nikblik - 13 November 2017 at 6:32am
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 9:11pm
What on Earth was that ??? That could have happened anywhere in the UK

Have you never had any issues at the Esso on the 413 at CSP? I sure as hell have ...

A nonsense post like that ads absolutely nothing to promoting neighbourhood values
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 12:17pm
Another issue outside Waitrose this morning.

A driver had parked a hatchback (possibly a VW Golf) in the area outside Waitrose that clearly says no parking.  I felt compelled to point out to the driver that there are no parking markings and that is to help prevent children or old ladies getting run over when they crossed the zerba crossing if they cant see down the road.

The driver moved the car.

Edited by MV Owner - 08 April 2018 at 12:19pm
allotmentman View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allotmentman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 12:48pm
The people that annoy me are at Tesco in GX.

Parking in the entrance road, opposite the entrance, in the area marked for the delivery lorry.

Then going shopping in the store.

All because they are too lazy to walk from the car park - about 100m away.

I have even than uncounted them trying to do a u turn/or a 3 point turn in the entrance road.

Only ever encounter this in GX.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 1:45pm
The reason I get annoyed at the parking outside Waitrose is the safety risk.  I believe that the two no parking bays are marked to allow a full line of sight down the road when crossing the road from the Waitrose side to the Car Park side.  I have pulled people up before on it before as I feel so strongly about trying to prevent someone getting injured or killed.

With respect to people parking in the lorry bay in Tesco.  I'd agree with you allotmentman, I cannot think of any other reason than that they are lazy.
Piglet View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 11:49am
I was walking to the Co-Op yesterday.  As I approached the back entrance a taxi driver pulled up and parked in the yellow hatchings.  I was flabbergasted.  It was quite late on Sunday and very few cars in the car park, yet he thinks he has the right to park right outside the door!  I later saw him in the shop paying for two multi-packs of crisps and thought ah, that'll be why, crisps are really heavy so he needed his car as close as possible.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 3:19pm
sadly there are people who feel entitled to park anywhere they think fit, irrespective of road markings or the highway code....

sadly too it seems to be more so in the home counties....

need a stella and i need one now !
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 8:08pm
If he was a serial crisp consumer Piglet surely he would have wanted to park at the other end of the car park to burn off some calories!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12