Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Shirts pressed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Shirts pressed
    Posted: 15 December 2017 at 8:31pm
All,

I need to have a nice cotton shirt pressed for a Christmas do at work.  I'm pretty good with an iron but this shirt is quite difficult to get right.

Can anyone advise what the standard of shirt ironing is like from Blue Dragon in GX or Simply the Best in Chalfont.

Cheers

MV
Sponsored Links

Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 9:15pm
I use Royal Dry Cleaners in GX...and usually I look the dogs in my shirts...not sure how quickly they can turn it around though...what colour are you going for?
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 10:16pm
If it’s a good shirt don’t get it ironed, get it laundered. It’s a different thing entirely. CSP next to Savers if you get the time.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 10:40pm
Rod, A light blue Thomas Pink Herringbone.

Sorry Alpina. I usually iron my own shirts, what is the difference between ironed and laundered???  The shirt is new so does not need washing.  I want it to look creaseless
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 12:12am
Laundering involves the shirt being dry cleaned and a lot more smoother after pressing. In CSP they do 5 shirts for £8. If yours don’t need cleaning I wonder why they need pressing but each to their own!
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 8:45am
Thanks Alpina,  They are clean and straight out of their original packaging.  I just cant iron them to a top quality standard
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 9:24am
Hi! Laundered shirts are not dry cleaned, they are cleaned with water but the detergents and starches used are far superior than those we have at home and the starch is delivered in the washing process, improving protection and promoting better ironing, and then presses they have are superior to home ironing apparently! All the csp ones are good even if you go for a straightforward iron not laundering but you'll get a better result either way if you launder or wash the shirt first.......
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 11:56am
Cheers people I have been into the dry cleaners next to Chalfont Savers
 Post Reply Post Reply