Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Pheasant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 8:50pm
do they do the kebab equivalent...  I have been told it is called Boerwurst??
I was working with S/A's a few years ago and they recommended I try one/them/it!

they said the best ones are cooked over a pit filled with giraffe and elephant dung!

yum?

Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
Sponsored Links

Wolfie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 1:15pm
Pierre they do Boerewors and Mash, but it doesn't say anything on the menu about giraffe and elephant dung.  I expect there's a shortage of that stuff in CSt.G

Power to the people

pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 7:31pm
Hi Wolfie... would dog poo as a substitute work?

perhaps a forum nosh up is in order... I suddenly find eating alone in restaurants a bit awkward!  (It never bothered me it before!)

Smile
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 1:18pm
they are boerwors - ( i tihnk) a south african traditional sausage.....

judds sell a CSP version !- yum yum
need a stella and i need one now !
Lollipop View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lollipop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 7:59pm
The name change doesn't appear to have had any detrimental effect on either the consistently excellent kitchen output or the friendly and knowledgeable service imho.

This bold statement comes since I went there early yesterday evening (hadn't booked, but they were kind enough to squeeze me and my friend in because we looked so pathetically hungry).

Fab, it was.  I'm a committed fish eater, which helps, but there certainly seem to be loads of non-fish options on the menu now.
... for the peace of my years in the long green grass ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12