Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budgens.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budgens.
    Posted: 03 August 2013 at 2:02pm
Well, we are here again, be careful what you buy, smelly chicken is not what i come to expect,
It's in date?, it stinks!...OFF!.......Even the bread seems to be crap now, burnt and hard!
Off to Tesco's me thinks!Angry
stop HS2.
Sponsored Links

Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 4:02pm
This has been an ongoing problem with Budgens for many years. You would have thought that, with the myriad of complaints, someone would have done something by now.
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 9:31am
The sooner Marks & Spencer buy this supermarket out the better!
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 10:40pm
M&s is to expensive for me for regular shopping.
stop HS2.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 12:16pm
Budgens is fine. Had some fillet steak and beef mince and the quality is better than Tesco.

The marinated meats are also very tasty.

It's good having a local supermarket with parking.  Particularly for that last minute shop for veg or a missing ingredient.

Libtek View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 2:20pm
 I like Budgens for some things, (they have nice chocolate) but i bought some horrible pork pies there & i don't like their bread. Also I can never find anything. M&S is a shop I love but only go to when i get paid, to buy luxuries. Tesco for everything else, though their meat is sometimes pretty yukky .

Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 7:58am
The pies are good in Budgens and their support of local produce is welcome. I find I'm using it more and more. Not sure the staff are as happy as they were under Whalley though.
 Post Reply Post Reply