Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cafe Collette, Oak End Way GX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cafe Collette, Oak End Way GX
    Posted: 12 March 2016 at 10:58pm
Anyone remember Cafe Collette in Oak End Way, GX? I found this little bit of interesting info:

Village

A Memory of Gerrards Cross

WE MOVED TO GERRARDS CROSS, BUCKS IN 1950 WHEN I WAS JUST OVER 3 YEARS OLD. I WENT TO TREGENNA RUN BY MISS WATKINS AND ONTO GAYHURST AND MY SISTER WENT TO HOLY CROSS CONVENT. 

WE LIVE AT CHURSTON, BULL LANE, GERRARDS CROSS AND MY MUM DIDN'T MOVE UNTIL THE 1990'S. 

USED TO HAVE COFFEE AT "CAFE COLLETTE" IN OAK END WAY NEXT TO "TURF & TRAVEL AND WE KNEW TED BOTT WELL AND ALSO THE GRAHAM BROTHERS.

MISS HEMBROW WAS THE DANCE TEACHER AND MY DAD ALWAYS USED TO FILL THE CAR WITH PETROL AT THE COUNTY GARAGE. 

SPRINGALL'S WAS MY BARBER AND ALSO MR HOWE AND WE SHOPPED AT MARSHALS, ROFFS, ALDRIDGES, STURLEY'S AND KRISTY'S 

THE SWEET SHOP IN STATION APPROACH WAS RUN BY THE "LITTLE GENT" AND WE HAD SHERBET DIPDABS ALL IN THE 1950'S 

THE PACKHORSE WAS MY FIRST PUB, WITH JOHN HUTSON BEHIND THE BAR AND PEOPLE LIKE DICK CONSTAM, OTTO ROAN, HOOT GIBSON, DENNIS COMPTON AND OTHERS COMING IN ON A REGULAR BASIS WHEN I WENT WITH MY DAD IN THE EARLY 1960'S 

FUN TIME IN GX AND STILL HAVE FRIENDS THAT LIVE THERE AND I AM STILL A MEMBER OF BEACONSFIELD GOLF CLUB -- OVER 50 YEARS NOW!

A memory shared by tony.joseph64 , on Jul 1st, 2015.

Sponsored Links

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2016 at 12:48pm
This is where I found the info on Cafe Collette but as you can see it also contains other interesting stuff. 

http://www.francisfrith.com/gerrards-cross/memories

Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2016 at 7:12am
I also remember Cafe Collette in Oak End Way,  GX. I remember Micky Smit, Dave Veary, Philby and I am racking by grey matter fpr many others whose faces I can see in my mind but cannot remember their names.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2016 at 10:52am
I remember those names Garry, whatever happened to them?
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2016 at 11:00am
From the same source, Francis Frith, memories of Chalfont St Peter

Copy and paste this link:

http://www.francisfrith.com/search?q=memories+of+chalfont+st+peter
 Post Reply Post Reply