Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lower Rd Parking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lower Rd Parking
    Posted: 03 March 2017 at 6:37am
At the busiest times of day the Lower Rd is almost impassable, it desperately needs double yellow lines totally down one side. There are so many idiots parking opposite cars on the other side that the road is an obstacle course an clogs up frequently. People are now parking next the the Kingsway junction on the bend. The whole village parking situation just gets worse by the day. Who do we complain to? because it'll get a whole lot worse once the lunatic building project is complete in the HC.
Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 11:15pm
well said chiltern man,  there are numerous threads on this issue  on here and earlier on the streetlife forum too, 

the parish council are aware,  but it needs to be escalated to higher council levels- district council

in early 2016 this was the major issue raised by residents at the parish council agm- 

parking issues on lower road, orchard grove, around the new development at the NSE, the vale, and also  the road across the common by the clock

double yellow lines need legal consultation before parking restrictions can be put in place, - this takes time and costs money...

also yellow lines need to be enforced- how often do you see a parking warden  in CSP- once a week if you are lucky ?

at the council agm we were advised to log parking issues,  with dates, times, and photographs,  to create a dossier we could then send to district council - there was also representatives from county council and  TV police at the same meeting...

the policetold us if a vehicle is causing 'an obstruction' where no current parking restrictions are in place then you should report it to them on 101- so cars on the junction of the kingsway  or those causing dangerous road conditions should be reported

if there are cars parked on yellow lines, zig zags or anywhere where there is a parking restriction in place- etc then this is down to the district council parking enforcement officers, - traffic wardens to you and me and as i say, we rarely see them.....

but report the parking issues every time, only when TVP and district council get numerous reports of parking issues in csp will they be forced to take a look at it ....

district councillor david martin was at the meeting in early 2016...... in early 2017 i got a leaflet called ' in touch'  regarding the major issues  councillor martin is dealing with in 2017-

so 12 months later they are looking into the issue....... 

i  was so sick and tired of having my driveway blocked with people who fail to park responsibly i actually paid bucks cc to paint white lines on the road to deter drivers from blocking my driveway- i sent them payment in december 2016 and finally got the lines done about 10 days ago feb 2017- nothing moves fast at the council - 

its taken councillor martin a year to acknowledge parking in csp is an issue even though the majority of the residents  at the parish council agm back in early 2016 told him, sent him pictures and video of the problems....

councillor david martin is the man to  communicate with.... send him details, logs, photos, times and dates....- i have his email address if you need it ...

report to the council cars causing issues on yellow lines, on zig zags ect, and  phone TVP for cars  causing danger or issues where there is no parking restrictions in place...

just dont expect anything to move quickly on this though....Confused
need a stella and i need one now !
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 10:19am
an7600 View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an7600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 4:56pm
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Having lived in Chalfont St. Peter for some years now.. I agree that the parking situation is getting worse! Even the parking right outside the Jolly Farmer pub on Goldhill west and the parking right outside Goldhill homecare on Criss Grove is terrible and dangerous with people parking stupidly on the corners or parking so other cars can't pass through or see on-coming cars. Its a accident waiting to happen!! especially on that corner junction where Goldhill West (outside the Jolly Farmer pub) meets Goldhill East / Criss Grove. I tried complaining but was told there was no point as nothing will be done about it.   It's very sad that as resident of this village, I am made to feel that we have no say about what needs to be done or the things that can be done to improve this village 😟
swej View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 7:27pm
It is interesting that you mention the parking at the Jolly Farmer. Every morning I go past, and return twenty minutes later and the same cars are parked there daily (at 8:30 ish) out on the road and yet the car park itself is virtually empty. I am guessing (and of course I could be wrong) that these are staff of some sort, in which case I can't see the boss doesn't ask them to park in the car park and save all the hassle that is caused by them parking on the road. I know there are no yellow lines there, but for example the Highway Code (Rule 243 I think) states you should not park within 32 feet of a junction.

It would make life a lot easier at that time of the morning if cars did not park on the road there.
an7600 View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an7600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 9:21pm
Yes, exactly there is a Highway Code for not parking within so many metres off a corner but either people seem not to care or aren't aware. Driving down Austenwood Lane and turning off onto either Criss Grove & Goldhill West is at many times dangerous. These vehicles that seem to park there during the daytime are parked so close to the corner or on the corner, not only do they block off the left side of the road but also at the same time, block the view of any on-coming traffic.. I live around this part of Chalfont and have seen a few close calls. I just don't understand why these people park so stupidly and have no consideration for other drivers
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 11:17pm
Well it does seem that we have a major parking issue so I can't wait until the Holy Cross site fills up, the place will grind to a halt
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 11:19pm
Can we have councillor Martins e-mail and perhaps we can all get on to him
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 9:27am
no problem !

dmartin@buckscc.gov.uk

as i say, there was alot of ' unrest' regarding action  (or the lack of it)  at least a year ago at the parish council agm....

the parish council did appear to want to fix the issues raised, - the distirict seemed to 'brush it off'

and it really does seem action is slow, and not alot appears to be happening, - i was asked to leave my details to assist the NAG  regarding parking,- this i did- they never got in touch...

the council needs to want to sort the problem out....

i was told  double yellow lines require legal consultation and this costs  time and money- it can take up to 2 years to get yellow lines in place.... so it looks like its too much trouble !

the middle road across the common now is bumper to bumper with parked cars every weekday.... 

its only going to get worse once the holy cross site is really at full swing....

contact councillor martin, please send as much detail and photos and  information as possible and keep  on at the council for action...

Post Reply Post Reply