Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CSP Parish Council Tax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CSP Parish Council Tax
    Posted: 11 March 2017 at 12:57pm
I've just received my council tax bill for the coming financial year, and all the increases are between 2-3% except our parish council which is 15%.  I don't mind paying more for services for the village, does anyone know what they need such a large % rise for?
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 1:19pm
Painting the "Wall" maybe.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 7:40pm
I don't know for sure but I wonder if it is to do with the increase in petty vandalism and littering that we are seeing, the park by the allotments was a disgrace this morning, broken bottles smashed all over the place, litter everywhere, even a bike abandoned without wheels!! The haywardens were down there trying to get it sorted this morning, as they are every morning, wonderful guys, and that's a daily task for them going around the village before they even think of doing other things. I spent ages tidying up these stupid laughing gas canisters from Mill Meadow and the Tennis club car park the other day which are actually dangerous to the haywardens if they are flung up by their machinery. I think there are moves afoot to replace some of the play park equipment and I know that the Parish Council are paying for the road closure for the remembrance day parade this year too which is an additional thing, I'll have a think what else it could be!!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply