Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

End View Church Lane 1966

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End View Church Lane 1966
    Posted: 24 July 2017 at 10:13am
Thank you for accepting me on this forum.

In 1966 I lived in a detached house called End View in Church Lane but I have not been able to trace it on the internet. The house was almost new at that time and that part of the lane had not been tarmacked. It was a delightful small sunny house, with a pleasant garden and very easy to keep clean. It had one small coke stove which heated the entire house and hot water. There was no need for central heating or double glazing but maybe we were tougher in those days.

The house was owned by the company I worked for called Stowells of Chelsea. They had an off licence in the High Street, close to Church Lane. I was a relief manager and managed that shop, a branch at Gerard's Cross and many others as far as outer London, as and when required. I paid Stowells £1 a week rent for the house.

As I no longer live in England, I would be interested to know if End View still stands, maybe under a new name or number or if anyone recalls it?

Edited by Bam - 24 July 2017 at 10:18am
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 1:17pm
I think you may be talking about the house, located between the paths to the allotment and end house on Field Way.
I believe the house was built in the mid 50's
On a satellite map, it can still be seen. Still the only house there.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Bam View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 2:11pm
Thanks hissing Sid. I will see if I can grapple with satellite view but the path does not run a bell and i think our house,was built darky 1960s rather than mid 50s but I could be wrong. It mpme, square,two storey,a si
Bam View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 2:16pm
Sorry huge glitch in the system. Would not scroll and now will not edit. I wanted to say the house was square, simple design, brick, two storeys. More early 60s than mid 50s.
 Post Reply Post Reply