Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good local appliance repair man

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good local appliance repair man
    Posted: 26 September 2015 at 9:00am
7 years on, I had to search for this post the other week, to find Chris Summers' details - we had a washing machine and tumble dryer break down within a week of each other and I very nearly clicked on "Buy" to spend £500 we don't have on replacements, but at the last moment thought it might be worth trying to fix them.

Chris  came out (free) to assess the problems, and then came back 2 days later with parts, and fixed both for a little over £80, which i thought was great value, especially compared to the alternative of £500!

I now find he has a website - http://cpsummersappliances.co.uk/.  

While searching for this I did come across this CSP-based business: www.able-appliances.co.uk/
Has anyone used them?  I did call them but in spite of advertising no call-out charges they do charge time spent assessing the problem, I forget how much, but something like £30-40 for the first and £20 for the second, which sounds a lot like a call-out charge to me!! Confused  They have good testimonials on the site though, so genuinely interested to hear how people have got on with them.
Sponsored Links

Springfield View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2015 at 3:20pm
Hi

or the new shop Kent in the highstreet, they do repairs 
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2015 at 6:20pm
Following these reviews I Called Chris out this week to look at a noisy tumble dryer. fixed quickly, cheaply and great service. Highly recommended.
Is back in the game! :)
SL9ER View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SL9ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2015 at 11:02am
Hi

I used Able Appliances to fix a toaster and it took months, I should have bought the part myself and fixed it. I cannot speak for larger appliances but it the service on the smaller appliances is this bad...

Try 1st Call who did our wasking machine and were excellent 01753 884666
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 8:30am
I used to use 1st Call and had one really good experiences with them followed by a disappointing incident followed up by a further absolutely terrible one which will mean that I will never, ever use them again and I can't recommend them at all. I have recently used Kent Domestic Appliances for a problem with my washing machine and they were brilliant.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply