Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local Policing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 10:00pm
Blame the police, blame the individual officers and local areas, coz that's easy right?! Look in the media and look at the numerous officers leaving the service and the real and damning reports they are making about the affects the cuts have had, look at their federation reps across the country....they have clearly stated for a number of years that the police service is being cut by government to the point it cannot cope!!there is no doubt the level of service/response has dropped but don't blame those who go out every day trying their very best and leave their families everyday and night risking their own safety and more so now than ever coz that back up is so much further away and coz 99% of time they're alone!!! Hats off to the ones riding out the tough times, who had pay freezes for years, who endure hatred and abuse by public everyday, and all just to do a job they think is still worthwhile even with everything against them!!!! It's not about your council tax, the funding to police has been cut.........had your council tax bill been cut as a result.........errrrrrrrrr no!

Edited by FayR - 07 March 2017 at 10:11pm
Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 10:50pm
FAY R - i hear you , and i know you have experience of the 'service' 

but i have to disagree- our council tax has a proportion which we are clearly shown  is to fund policing.... and yet  we are having a reduction in the service we are getting- but the proportion we pay is not reducing....

use the same analogy with any other service- - you probably pay a  set monthly fee for your mobile phone, -say £20   a month....

imagine if the service provider switched your phone service off  on the 22nd of every month  until the 28th of every month, yet they still took your £20 a month fee... you would complain about the loss of service or a reduction in coverage.....

our neighbours were burgled last august,  the police turned up  several hours after they were called... two days later they put a sheet of A4  outlining the  burglary details through the letterbox saying if you know or saw anything please phone  us on.......

that was that..... they got a letter  months later saying no fingerprints/ gloves used.... no leads..... thats was it, - but they did get a leaflet about alarms and door locks- big deal...

when they put leaflets through the door they didnt even bother knocking on the door-  i  know cuts are severe  i know morale is low but  what kind of service are we getting for our taxes ...?

our complaints are justified....

see the  current news reports of a group of ex met detectives and other higher ranking officers  from several forces setting up a private police/ security force  to look after the residents of belgravia......

wont be long before this spreads..... as the police service we currently pay for does not and cannot cover the businesses, residents and public it is set out to serve

Edited by big baggles - 07 March 2017 at 10:54pm
need a stella and i need one now !
FayR View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 11:18pm
Yes but a private service such as phone bills cannot be compared! You pay same amount of council tax towards your police service but the service and funding to that service have been cut considerably........is that a choice?!? You can choose to change your mobile provider and choose what you pay! You don't have same choice with your police service!!!

And there needs to be a degree of reality now! Yes so your neighbours were burgled and I bet that was horrific for them!!! However, in terms of an investigative point of view, is there anything wrong with a leaflet drop?!? Don't think so, lets face it if you saw something sus a day or two ago, you'll remember that if you see a leaflet asking for info! They got crime prevention advice.....cctv no doubt checked....forensic advice is always passed on phone as matter of course and can very easily be preserved....unless there's someone on scene or someone calling in saying there is someone on seven there simply aren't the numbers to deal with that immediately! And that is not the fault of the police, they are a public service and that funding has been cut and they need to ensure they place the funding in the right places!!!
I appreciate the frustrations of everyone BUT people need to understand it isn't the police......the police want to be there straight away for a decent hard working member of public that has had their home invaded in worst way possible but due to limited numbers there will now be a delay! My point is it's completely pointless complaining to police....THEH KNOW!!!!!! But they can't do anything about it!!!! It's hands of the government and they have cut it to a dangerous level....same as prison service..... personally I can't see why people are surprised...... not like consequences of the cuts weren't out there years ago ..... and now those are a reality!!!

And in same way....everyone complains about NHS but they have an understanding that cuts have been made that makes it unstainstabke.... the public seem to understand that and support the NHS....how is the police any different!!???????

Edited by FayR - 07 March 2017 at 11:29pm
No?DireStraits View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No?DireStraits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 11:33am
Originally posted by LilyRose LilyRose wrote:

In November I witness an assault on a shopkeeper in CSP (I don't want to identify him). The police were called and I gave them my details. I was called by the police the next day and they made an appointment to come and take a statement and the photos I took of the vehicle involved. They didn't turn up for the appointment and never contacted me again. Last time I spoke to the shopkeeper they hadn't contacted him again either.

Not T.V. police but other, seemingly    capital? , might be busy instead offering illegal-immigrants, asylum-seekers or 'came-here-to-... "work" - "east"Europeans ', an interpreter i.e. one of this £60.perHour Off-Taxpayers'PoliceBudget   PersonalAssistants to   nonEnglish-speaking Criminals or to victims/witness. When police officers give such nonUK taxpayers a menu in cells or interview-rooms,
P.A./Linguist who has waited for approx.8hours (Invoice/TimeSheet-Clock ticking away nicely reaching almost £700. per attendance i.e. per"day"), asks on behalf of policeman: do you want as FREE!Too beverage: hot-chocolate,
tea,
coffee,
freshly-squeezed juice,
or water? and to eat: do yo have dietary requirements; do you eat just vegetarian, halal, etc Foods as we have 12 !types of dishes for you to choose whichever you fancy
[I saw this in a Documentary, I wasn't in police cells]
However, as aTaxpayer for decades also British citizen and a lady (not male),
I myself didn't get in my NHS hospital [never mind police cell :) ]
even a £0.05pack of crisps when on my medication it said_ to be taken with food_
Even the english policeman never mind my tradesman relative, doesn't make £700. per day, like these liguists or like the Criminals/witness/victims who, once they get FREE: housing, schooling (EnglishLessons then NVQ etc Career), several-kids'Benefits, NHS-OPs, etc and a CouncilHouse which, having got the discountedCouncilProperty at £100k Off (80% off approx, RightToBuy),
in 5years sell it onto PrivateMarket for 3/4Mill - £1million, having become policeTranslators themselves now, or garageMechanics, tradesmen, nursery or school-staff, etc.
anyway, it wasn't current nr.10 who opened the floodgates 10-12years ago to millions of nonEnglish-speaking "refugees".
FLOra      

Edited by No?DireStraits - 08 March 2017 at 12:17pm
ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 12:25pm
???
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 3:18pm
Couldn't agree more Ian.......completely and totally confused.
Sunray
ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 4:40pm
Is it a puzzle? We have to rearrange the words into sentences to solve it?
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 4:33pm
need a stella and i need one now !
No?DireStraits View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No?DireStraits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 12:15pm
ha ha, two postings well above. No wonder these (immigrant)CRIMS think we are stupid, police are thick, englishLAW(enforcement)  is Optional, etc...allegedly.  I didn't initially understand the Spanish or Portugese?  documentary I saw years ago,
either.
It showed EastEuropean Travellers who came from  Spain/Portugal  to the UK (they had left their own EastEuropean country, were not spanish/portugese )  to specifically request asylum in UK.
One Traveller woman gave one of her  newly born, out of  many kids , middle names TONI   Blair  as her & traveller hubby were over the moon with the then gov:
-the family claiming & getting  every benefit under the sun while she , he  & kids were  stealing & begging here, not in Spain/Portugal anymore
- council here, unlike in Spain/Portugal,   put them in a council-home (taxpayer's House With Gardens in maidenhead or Slough?)  as "asylum-seekers" ; rent, utilities-bills, etc all paid by UK taxpayer
- having got english lessons (all £Free;  and Free NHS),  they wrote Ads and Signed"contracts" to (illegally) SubLET the huge house (Tax, Fees - FREE ) , for £3k cash-in-hand monthly,  to Aussie tourists ( B&B /hotel - like pricing) , 
 while staying with others in theUK/London  or even in their other home   (more and more from their clan had arrived and doing the same scams, fraud, crimes, etc ; many request asylum in different names; have aliases or run duplicate claims, both husband and wife claim )
-  having totalled up all their income streams, they actually raked in £6k-£10k monthly = approx. £100K yearly, spare, hard Cash
And 
-  by now as not just Uk -residents but UK citizens, they qualified for right-to-buy £100k discount  i.e.  75% off  property' initial price  (another taxpayer's lump sum  straight into their pocket), after 5 years  they made themselves Official Owners of that property
- after another 5 years they sold the house on to Private/open market for just shy of £1milion and bought in cheap Hereford  one to live in for £250k MortgageFREE again!
so, this country  in which they had previously not paid any tax,
gave, made them at least £750k Cash (ok, not actually  £1Mil, that's with their stolen gains) , but almost £1mill , and  just in 10 years;  Hard cash not just on paper! I don't know about you but many feel, like me, that despite paying tax here for decades (or precisely because of it)  UK doesn't give us, its born-here  own  citizens, on a plate,  £750k cash, in 10 years. actually if us or the never-arrested-or-convicted travellers go to any other country , any other foreign  country, you/they  don't  get this either.

Edited by No?DireStraits - 13 March 2017 at 12:37pm
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 7:25pm
Wow you have a very odd way of promoting your business. Your increasingly bizarre (it's the politest word I can think of) posts ensure that I wouldn't dream of approaching your company.............
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>