Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News & Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M&S and Costa Rumour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M&S and Costa Rumour
    Posted: 31 March 2017 at 8:57am
Finally got confirmation at the pc meeting last night, directly from the owners of the Precinct - they are in current, positive negotiations with M&S Food and Costa...
At last - confirmation of the rumour!

Smile
Sponsored Links

Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by dickybird dickybird wrote:

Finally got confirmation at the pc meeting last night, directly from the owners of the Precinct - they are in current, positive negotiations with M&S Food and Costa...
At last - confirmation of the rumour!

Smile

Nice to hear some positive news on the precinct from our Parish Council,  hopefully they (the owners) can successfully conclude the business end and get them located.

I wonder if part of the negotiations will be the 1 hour limit on the parking, I can't imagine Costa being too happy with that, could you imagine shopping at M&S and then not having enough time to for a coffee and meet up with friends after.
Lets hope the owners come to their senses and make some sensible decisions regarding the parking

Thanks for the update DickyBird
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 2:41pm
slightly concerned about costa...do we really need a costa ? also think this may be bad news to our great independent coffee shops in the village, halls, crumbs, madeira, and bread house, the might of costa/ whitbread may see negative outcomes for our village coffee shops...

keep it local
need a stella and i need one now !
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

slightly concerned about costa...do we really need a costa ? also think this may be bad news to our great independent coffee shops in the village, halls, crumbs, madeira, and bread house, the might of costa/ whitbread may see negative outcomes for our village coffee shops...

keep it local

Tim Horton's are just about to cross the pond. Then there will be one on every corner.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic