Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New M&S Store

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New M&S Store
    Posted: 14 November 2017 at 3:49pm
Just spoken to the site manager for the new M&S in the precinct, work starts next week, and the store will be open in about 3 months.

No news on Costa Coffee.
Sunray
Sponsored Links

Libtek View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 1:30pm
They won't be open in time for Christmas then 😕 Glad they are still coming though. I did wonder, when it said on the news that M&S were not opening as many food stores as they hoped, if Chalfont would be one of the victims.
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 4:02pm
Still worth waiting for though
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 8:12pm
Latest news is that Costa have pulled out.
CharlieB View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CharlieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 11:59am
The works at M&S are to take place over 17 weeks, so current plan is aiming to open mid March.  Just had a residents meeting with the contractors and were shown the detailed schedule.
They usually turn around a new refit in 6 weeks but this is a number of units into one so bit more work to do.
CharlieB
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 2:26pm
Thanks CharlieB thats really informative, I saw they'd started work.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
CharlieB View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 2:52pm
No worries, they will be putting a community fence up across the front so that will contain a load of info on community interaction and plans for inside etc.
He was really keen to get involved in the community.  I mentioned to him that the next village event coming up would be the Xmas fun night so he'll be in touch with the organisers.

Also, I have heard different on Costa...I heard just couple days ago that they had picked up the keys.
Time will tell! :)
CharlieB
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 9:49am
there was someone in  the launderette/ costa earlier this week clearing stuff up, planning notices are still up too....time will tell
need a stella and i need one now !
dickybird View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 6:03pm
As far as I know, Costa is still in the pipeline.
Thanks for the info, Sunray and CharlieB.
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 3:22pm
Work is going on in the old dry cleaners in the precinct, so it looks like we will be getting a Costa Coffee.
Sunray
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>