Forum Home Forum Home > General > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Orchard - Harefield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Orchard - Harefield
    Posted: 06 December 2010 at 10:23am
Had a really good evening at "The Old Orchard" last week, the menu is very varied and interesting, the food was tasty and good quantities, there were 5 real ales on, plus mulled wine and all the usual bar drinks, the service and atmosphere was also good.

The only slight complaint was that the conservatory end was a little cold, but in this weather that is understandable.

A good place for a meal or just a drink, and in the summer the garden, with views over the canal and lakes, will be great.
Sunray
Sponsored Links

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 10:42am
is it better than the old edwins?
J.R. View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 11:52am
in my opinion its gone down hill since its reopened. Bigger portions but quality didn't seem as good..... mybe just a bad day when I went.
JR was ere
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 4:59pm
Can't really comment on "Edwins" as I never used it in those days,

Our food was fine, certainly better than the 3 Pigeons or Village Hall, but we are certainly not talking "fine dining" I just think  it is a good pub, with a pub atmosphere serving good food.
Sunray
 Post Reply Post Reply