Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

parish council AGM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: parish council AGM
    Posted: 26 April 2017 at 9:02am
All residents of Chalfont St Peter are invited to attend the Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday, May 18th, to be held at 7.30 in the Parish Council offices. This is an ideal opportunity to meet your parish council, to ask questions and to make comments on village issues that concern you.

Please come along to hear what is going on in your village and to make your voice heard.
We look forward to seeing you there!

need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

GODDESS View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GODDESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 10:28am
big Bangles many thnaks for posting
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 5:33pm
big bangles ! - its baggles !
dickybird View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:22am

A reminder about tomorrow night's annual parish meeting at the parish council offices:
a meeting held in May every year, where villagers are invited to ask questions (and hopefully, get answers) from their parish, district and county councillors.
No need to RSVP - simply come along, especially if you have burning issues that you would like raised.

May 18th : 7.30pm to 9ish
Parish Council offices
[Please park at the community centre and walk down the little side road that leads to the tennis courts]

Hope to see some new faces there!
Karen

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:23pm
Hi Karen,

I really wanted to attend this time but the other half is away with work so I can't get there. The three things I wanted to highlight were:

- Parking on Lower Road and subsequent traffic issues. I know the NAG are looking at this but it needs looking at far more quickly and by more people. It is not unusual for the traffic to stop flowing completely. This happened on Tuesday this week and I was stuck there for 25 minutes. I have seen two altercations between drivers who were being equally bad tempered about waiting their turn nearly get physical about it. This really needs to be resolved somehow very quickly indeed. I have written to RWS about this and it helps for a day and then back to normal. Their staff know they are causing issues as they are double parking on the pavement, etc as you know. With people starting to move into the new housing now this is going to get worse and worse.

- The WALL!! I know, you must be getting your ear bent about this regularly and I keep saying to myself wait until the plants are in, etc, but I'm struggling to see how it is going to look any less of an eyesore than it currently is. Please give us hope that something is going to change.

- The play parks. They desperately need investment. New equipment, tarting up, etc.

Also, can you raise just how brilliant our haywardens are? They are doing a fantastic job even though they are understaffed at present and they must feel they are on a hiding to nothing but I think they are brilliant. Thanks so much for your hard work too :)
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:50pm
Emma O i have to agree, - i along with other residents raised the parking issue at last years agm, - i also gave my details to the nag to offer assistance, councillor martin  agreed a hollistic review of parking was needed, a year on nothing appears to have actually happened and the Nag never contacted me .... 

this issue was raised to district level.....

if i was cynical i would say its all sound bites.... tell them what they want to hear !- in my view nothing has been done, nothing has changed....

i want to hear timescales tonight, when can we see action or better still results...

during the year i paid bucks cc to paint lines outside my driveway to deter drivers blocking my access, 3 months they had my money.....3 months before they came to paint them....

everything is taking way too long.......its simply not good enough.....

and dont get me started on the wall or trellis....GRRRRR

when are the machine gun emplacements being added ?

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:08pm
Did anyone get a chance to attend? How did it go?
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:28pm
i went, - it was interesting, - had an annual overview from the chair of the Parish, and then  spokespersons from the  'groups' from within the parish council,eg  the open spaces team, and then the ' marketing/ media team, and then finally the finance/ HR team and then the amenities and facilities and then  a summary of planning from the planning team, 

interesting to hear about the additional historic plaques going up and the process the pc have to go through to plant the additional trees from around the village, also the cutting of verges has moved from BCC to the parish... an additional haywarden is needed as a result...

marks and sparks and costa are coming to the precinct (m and co and the laundrette respectively ) and hsbc may become a deli....

then the floor was open for questions 

questions included  ' what is the current situation with regard to the alledged fraud on the grange development, - did anyone on the district council know - did they 'asist' the sale to go through thereby knowing the information regarding the playing fields were not correctly represented, and if so what will be the outcome/ will there be any 'discipline'  or safegaurds put in place so it cant happen again

other issues raised included speeding traffic on joiners lane, traffic/ parking issues on lower road, speeding from kingsway roundabout to the greyhound roundabout
parking issues around the vale, orchard grove, and around the junction by the jolly farmers

it was agreed TVP are pretty much useless- however we do have a PCSO assigned to the village and she will be asked to monitor traffic / parking

david martin ( county councillor) is currently working on a village wide traffic/ parking review of csp

and the trellis is not liked but we have to wait until the planting is done.... persimmon know locals dont like it,  but it appears no formal design/ planning was issued for the wall/ path and we nearly got tarmac and concrete, so our block path and trellis is an improvement ....

and that was about it, - its very summarised but thats about the long n short of it

minutes and notes will go up on the parish councils website soon
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:42pm
Thanks for that, I hope they don't carry on too long with this parking investigations, we're heading for gridlock the rate we are going. People were parked almost to the junction of Kingsway some days this week, it was causing havoc. Good to have confirmation of M&S, I'm neither here nor there re Costa as I worry for our independents but in a village this size we should be able to support all of them and I suppose it's up to us as residents as ever where we put our money! Anything that increases footfall for our other shops would just be brilliant.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:43pm
Somebody had better tell Intuition about Costa, it's still on their website they are coming to the Launderette!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>