Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

parish council AGM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:37pm
well  i can only relay the information that was given last night. ... costa in the launderette...... but i guess things may change, or the info may be wrong ?
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:04am
Sure you're right, obviously something fell through and they've not updated their site. Would be good to think another business that'll draw people into the centre might be coming too somewhere, maybe!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:49am
Did they say why the rates went up 15% - was it to cover the extra haywarden, ie Bucks CC aren't paying for the verges.  Pass the parcel of residential rate increases!
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:02pm
to be honest they did  mention council tax rise of 15%, ( and we are still cheaper than CSG and little chalfont )they did also say that BCC had shifted care of verges  within the 30mph limit area around csp to the parish,

they were getting a token additional payment towards this, but they were up front in saying the equipment cost and staff  costs required  was not fully covered by  the funds given by Bucks cc, - but they did also say that the quality of the verge care had been improved since taking over from bucks cc

they didnt hide the increase, they did justify it...

Pat View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 7:22am
Why has Croft rd (off of Lower rd) already got parking restrictions when Lower rd is still a
Total mess parking wise? Is it because someone with influence lives there?
Barn Owl View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 11:50am
Not as far as I know. I think the people of influence mostly live on the other side of the village where lots of trees have been planted to enhance the environment....

As I understand it, the residents got together, got organised, presented a viable scheme backed up by reasons, and got it through. Power in numbers and organisation. 
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 2:49pm
As Barn Owl says, they formed a residents association and tackled it, took them months and months. The NAG had tried to encourage Lower Road residents to form one but despite a few false starts nothing has happened as nobody wants to head it up. Last I heard they were trying to get a meeting for 22nd November but I don't think anything has actually come together.

Edited by EmmaO - 09 November 2017 at 2:50pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 5:24pm
i an other local residents had a 1 to 1 meeting with parish and county councils regarding ongoing parking issues on the vale and penn road and vale close and the laurel road, to deter  workers who park all day often on the apex of the junctions, 

'county'  agreed it was  dangerous and agreed double yellow lines would be installed on all T junctions.... nearly 6 months on we are still waiting...
Pat View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 5:29pm
And I think you will continue to wait.Lower rd is as bad but nothing will be done until a child is hurt and that is a certainty to,happen.
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

i an other local residents had a 1 to 1 meeting with parish and county councils regarding ongoing parking issues on the vale and penn road and vale close and the laurel road, to deter  workers who park all day often on the apex of the junctions, 

'county'  agreed it was  dangerous and agreed double yellow lines would be installed on all T junctions.... nearly 6 months on we are still waiting...

These councils are so strange. They put totally unnecessary double yellow lines all over Seer Green yet aren't putting them where they really are needed!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>