Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Press Release 22/03/11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Press Release 22/03/11
    Posted: 04 April 2011 at 1:17pm
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 5:14pm
Well done the Parish Council, I was at the planning meeting at Chiltern Council and it was evident that all the councilors who voted wanted houses to be built in CSP just so they were not built in the districts for which they were responsible, and then they had the nerve to call us "Nimbys".
No consideration was given to the practical smaller scale housing and school development put forward by the Parish Council and the residents.
I'm delighted the Parish Council have had the guts to go to court over this.
Sunray
born and bred View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 1:33pm
I have read the article - well done to the council and its supporters in taking such a positive step in opposing the scheme through the courts.
Its worth a few extra pennies on the rates to finance the case.
If we are not careful they will be building offices on Gold Hill Common  to house their compliance officers,liason officers,etc.
local born and bred
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 12:45pm
its a great article, and this was reinforced bythe stand at the feast day....well done everyone
need a stella and i need one now !
Chillies View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 1:49pm
Brilliant work they should all be congratulated. We should make every effort to have this pumped into all the national papers.
Cheryl Gillan should be raising this in Parliment further, what about PMQ's

We could do a trip to Westminster to watch PMQ's if she did.

I feel a road trip coming on, who owns a coach ....
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 2:30pm
we were at a meeting last week at the middle school ( the  new CSP Cof E academy ), and they again reaffirmed their desire to have a new school on the convent site and were talking of a low carbon school  built by willmot dixon on the site by as early as sept 2012 if decisions go their way.... they also let slip that there maybe some news in the near future....? anyone know any more ?

Edited by big baggles - 04 July 2011 at 2:30pm
Yorkie View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 2:45pm
Big Baggles, who mentioned Willmott Dixon?
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 3:08pm

if  i tell you i'd have to kill you afterwards....Big%20smile

it was mentioned in the presentation we got at the school, there was in region of 200 people there....it'll keep you busy.....
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 4:26pm
Well heard it over the weekend the latest idea is to move two schools onto the holy cross site,  (the middle school and also lovel end first school)
 the two old school sites  could then be redeveloped ....

wonder if that is likely ?

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

Well heard it over the weekend the latest idea is to move two schools onto the holy cross site,  (the middle school and also lovel end first school)
 the two old school sites  could then be redeveloped ....

wonder if that is likely ?

This has always been the most popular and sensible option.Clap

Personally i believe the property developers prefer the convent for their project as there is more land meaning larger profit.Angry
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>