Replies:
Posted By: hissing sid
Date Posted: 05 July 2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Chilternman Chilternman wrote:

THE ..... GREEN......FENCE

Please!! Tell more.

-------------
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Posted By: Chilternman
Date Posted: 05 July 2017 at 9:59pm
If you haven't seen it you soon will

Posted By: EmmaO
Date Posted: 05 July 2017 at 10:05pm
Oh god I haven't seen it either......

-------------
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)

Posted By: brewski
Date Posted: 06 July 2017 at 5:08am
Looks a disgrace.

-------------
Too many laws...
Too few examples...

Posted By: dickybird
Date Posted: 06 July 2017 at 7:52am
Oh Chilternman, every time that I think it can't get worse, it does.
The fence is hideous - i assume that it is only a temporary screen while they build there but nothing will surprise me... Shocked

Posted By: MarkF
Date Posted: 06 July 2017 at 9:53am
Driving to work this morning I have to admit my feeling was anger. That fence is an absolute disgrace and completely out of place in a village. I am assuming it is permanent as they have painted it.

So, what do we need to do? Who do we need to petition? That monstrosity cannot remain.

Posted By: swej
Date Posted: 06 July 2017 at 10:19am
MarkF - those were exactly our thoughts as we drove past this morning ... some sort of petition?. It also makes us angry. Who authorises this kind of rubbish?  Angry

Date Posted: 06 July 2017 at 10:40am
I have rung the Parish Council. They say they are powerless as it is private land.

Anyway before we jump to conclusions, there is the possibility that this is temporary, and whilst hideous would not be permanent.

The parish council have given me the name and contact details of the site manager. I will ring him and post his response back.

If the response is that this is permanent, we need someone to advise on who would be the body we need to petition. If not Parish Council I am assuming it would be the District Council.

Does anyone know where the Holy Cross plans are online so we can see what is planned to be erected there?

Date Posted: 06 July 2017 at 10:52am
http://isa.chiltern.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=KYG05IES06E00" rel="nofollow - http://isa.chiltern.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=KYG05IES06E00

Date Posted: 06 July 2017 at 11:14am
Progress so far - not answering phone....

Date Posted: 06 July 2017 at 4:21pm
So please, where is said "green fence"?

-------------
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 7:51am
Top of Market place

Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 9:09am
Never posted a link before, so sorry if it doesn't work. Anyway, here is a picture taken from near the clock on the common.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_dz7f-hSR4bWE5fRFg3TDZhWHc/view?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_dz7f-hSR4bWE5fRFg3TDZhWHc/view?usp=sharing

Posted By: Butterfly
Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 9:36am
Swej, you did great.  
I cannot believe what I am seeing!!!!  It does look permanent doesn't it.  In what world is that considered an environmentally acceptable colour?

Posted By: watsy
Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 9:38am
When I drove by, my immediate thought was how bad it was, but I think it looks like the kind of panelling where they'll post up big signage and hoardings of the houses / flats and marketing / sales information.  Hope i'm right anyway...

Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 9:46am
Some observations: The painted panels are being attached to a very basic wooden frame which in turn is then being attached to the existing panel fence behind it.

I spoke to someone this morning who was working on it. I asked if it was temporary and he said it was. Not completely convinced by his answer so I will try again to get hold of the site manager.

However if it is temporary, there is a lot of painting being done, not just of the panels but of the black supporting struts. 

Posted By: lesleyr
Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 10:11am
They are advertising hoardings for the marketing suite to sell the property on there. While they don't look good and are a dreadful colour I do think people are getting a little hysterical.

Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 10:56am
Well actually I disagree that people are getting 'hysterical'. They, well me anyway, are commenting on something that a lot of people feel strongly about ... the appearance of their village. This is where we choose to live, and thus we have a right to comment (and comment is all it is) on it's appearance. 

Just my two pence worth!

Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 11:28am
As seemingly no-one in the planning department has the best interests of the village at heart, I think the least those who live here can do is protect that the thin end of the wedge doesn't get any thicker.

Yes, it is just a fence. A horrible eye sore of a fence. And hopefully a temporary one.

Obviously trees, hedges or closeboard fencing, look more attractive but are probably more expensive. We are just making sure that the long term look of the village isn't being sacrificed in terms of a third party's commercial interests.

Not such a bad goal. And yes, it bothers me. Not going to apologise for that.

Posted By: lesleyr
Date Posted: 07 July 2017 at 9:26pm
They bother me too I think they look horrible and the colour well the less said about that the better, I just think that we need to get things in proportion here.

Posted By: red 5
Date Posted: 08 July 2017 at 9:04am
Sadly I think a couple of you are right - from previous experience this board will be used for marketing reasons... So expect adverts to be posted on there soon.
Wasn't planning permission sought and refused for bigger marketing boards?
Maybe we should add our own marketing messages: Houses made of cardboard. Live here if you don't want your drains to work. No school places left in this village...

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 08 July 2017 at 9:30am
i am fairly sure its temporary, it looks like what we used to call ' a nosey fence'  to stop people looking in at major construction areas, - the colour is awful, i guess it will be covered in marketing banners soon, 

its the quality and general style i expect of persimmon, - cheap and really nasty ...lol

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Date Posted: 09 July 2017 at 3:13pm
I understand it now "Red"

-------------
Hissing Sid

Posted By: Garry
Date Posted: 10 July 2017 at 8:39am
The thing that stands out to me on this subject is the lack of information being released to us the villagers by the councils. If you or I ran our business like these people we would be bankrupt, 'these people' being our Chiltern District and Bucks County Councils who never seem to know anything therefore never seem to inform anyone, really, can that be true?
It is obvious to me that if the said councils could at least inform our Parish Council of anything that may affect the outlook/appearance or is of local political concern of our village then all the rumours, worries would stop immediately and then at least the said Councils would at least gain some respect instead of people questioning the antics of our council/councillors. The antics of Persimmon Homes appears that they are invincible on what they can do to our village complete with the applause of our said councils
This is yet another example of how our councils behave, they seem to conveniently forget that they are employed by us the villagers who pay for their livelihoods via our rates and taxes, therefore they should at least have the decency to let us know what is happening to our village, to me it is total ignorance with a two finger salute to the villagers because they are employed in a captive market, there is no competition for the council services, just imagine if there was, there jobs would disappear immediately, would there be tears from anybody? 

Posted By: GXCSP
Date Posted: 10 July 2017 at 11:45am
For goodness sake of course it's temporary. Property developers use those safe boards all the time. They have them in Oval way at the moment and also Bulstrode Way.

You are forgetting that the developers are wanting to sell their product at the end of the day and will make it look as attractive as possible. It's not in their interests to make anything look ugly.

Date Posted: 13 July 2017 at 10:41am
GXCSP- to quote you....

'You are forgetting that the developers are wanting to sell their product at the end of the day and will make it look as attractive as possible. It's not in their interests to make anything look ugly.'

GXCSP - have you seen what they're building.............

-------------

Date Posted: 13 July 2017 at 10:45am
I did say 'as possible', which for them is curtailed by budgets and profit margins. Anyhow one mans tipple is another mans poison, so a young couple buying their first home may be head over heals in love with them.

I used to hate the idea of these news homes but I now welcome them as in the 8 years I've lived here I've seen CSP become practically a ghost town. It needs new life and these homes will help deliver that. That's what I'm hoping at least.

Date Posted: 13 July 2017 at 8:20pm
I'm not quite sure what your idea of a ghost town is but it is a long way from mine, the village is swamped by people and cars, you can't drive down any road without weaving in and out of badly parked cars. It had quite enough life in it 50 years ago, now it's a bloody nightmare and will be even worse once that lot from the new development start piling in and out. The whole situation is madness and it seems nothing can be done just like HS2, the people have no power and get walked all over by government from top to bottom. It's a great shame as it used to be a lovely village.

Posted By: brewski
Date Posted: 14 July 2017 at 10:18am
well said Chilterman.

-------------
Too many laws...
Too few examples...

Date Posted: 14 July 2017 at 10:24am
I actually meant the empty/unvisited shops

The new precinct plans will help enormously

Traffic is a different problem , they need to stop allowing parking on Market place. Sorry, but they do. CSP is just being used as a cut through

Posted By: ArtB
Date Posted: 14 July 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by GXCSP GXCSP wrote:

I actually meant the empty/unvisited shops

Traffic is a different problem , they need to stop allowing parking on Market place. Sorry, but they do. CSP is just being used as a cut through

Sorry, disagree, all that banning parking would do is turn it into a racetrack and probably used more as a cut through. The traffic needs slowing down. 

The challenge is that all of these houses are being built in an environment which is not sustainable. Market Place & High Street as a 20mph zone with a few pinch points would be more like it, discourage those that use it as a cut through, the locals shouldn't mind, it is protecting their environment after all. 

Art

-------------
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!

Posted By: red 5
Date Posted: 21 August 2017 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by red 5 red 5 wrote:

Sadly I think a couple of you are right - from previous experience this board will be used for marketing reasons... So expect adverts to be posted on there soon.
Wasn't planning permission sought and refused for bigger marketing boards?
Maybe we should add our own marketing messages: Houses made of cardboard. Live here if you don't want your drains to work. No school places left in this village...

And so it has happened...

Is planning permission required? Not clear on the Planning Portal.

Posted By: Paul_G
Date Posted: 23 August 2017 at 8:34am
Originally posted by ArtB ArtB wrote:

Market Place & High Street as a 20mph zone with a few pinch points would be more like it, 
Art

It would discourage me too. I hate all that so-called "traffic calming" rubbish. I avoid places that use it as much a I can.
P

Posted By: Sjb
Date Posted: 24 August 2017 at 10:33am
We went to have a look at the development yesterday (just being noisy). The new houses are so close to road and all look so cramped together.. Looks a mess! It's a real shame that builders have rushed it and couldn't have done a better job.. Unlike the Inland Builders who are at least consulting local residents about the Wilton Park development in Beaconsfield. Don't understand how these builders have got away with so much..

Date Posted: 06 September 2017 at 12:01am
Just got back from hols. Never thought I'd say it but can we have the green fence back😩

Date Posted: 06 September 2017 at 6:59pm
so mcarthy and stone retirement flats are going ahead..... this is our ' public amenity' as part of this monstrous development...?

this was in lieu of a  care home which was part of the original  proposal...so ...no care home for the elderly with care provision as per the original plan for 'potentially anyone'....

instead we get high cost private flats for the over 55's with no care provision, - residents have to sort out there own care provision...and these flats have to be sold and resold via mcarthy and stone.....

so unless you can afford the half million price tag for a mcarthy flat you can go elsewhere....how are these private flats a community asset ?

yet again the community looses out....

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net