Forum Description: News and info on whats up in Chalfont St Peter
URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8387
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 12:01am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New M&S Store
Posted By: Sunray
Subject: New M&S Store
Date Posted: 14 November 2017 at 3:49pm
Just spoken to the site manager for the new M&S in the precinct, work starts next week, and the store will be open in about 3 months.

No news on Costa Coffee.

-------------
Sunray

Replies:
Posted By: Libtek
Date Posted: 15 November 2017 at 1:30pm
They won't be open in time for Christmas then 😕 Glad they are still coming though. I did wonder, when it said on the news that M&S were not opening as many food stores as they hoped, if Chalfont would be one of the victims.

-------------
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.

Posted By: GXCSP
Date Posted: 15 November 2017 at 4:02pm
Still worth waiting for though

Posted By: AlpinaB5
Date Posted: 15 November 2017 at 8:12pm
Latest news is that Costa have pulled out.

Posted By: CharlieB
Date Posted: 16 November 2017 at 11:59am
The works at M&S are to take place over 17 weeks, so current plan is aiming to open mid March.  Just had a residents meeting with the contractors and were shown the detailed schedule.
They usually turn around a new refit in 6 weeks but this is a number of units into one so bit more work to do.

-------------
CharlieB

Posted By: EmmaO
Date Posted: 16 November 2017 at 2:26pm
Thanks CharlieB thats really informative, I saw they'd started work.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)

Date Posted: 16 November 2017 at 2:52pm
No worries, they will be putting a community fence up across the front so that will contain a load of info on community interaction and plans for inside etc.
He was really keen to get involved in the community.  I mentioned to him that the next village event coming up would be the Xmas fun night so he'll be in touch with the organisers.

Also, I have heard different on Costa...I heard just couple days ago that they had picked up the keys.
Time will tell! :)

-------------
CharlieB

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 17 November 2017 at 9:49am
there was someone in  the launderette/ costa earlier this week clearing stuff up, planning notices are still up too....time will tell

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Posted By: dickybird
Date Posted: 17 November 2017 at 6:03pm
As far as I know, Costa is still in the pipeline.
Thanks for the info, Sunray and CharlieB.

Posted By: Sunray
Date Posted: 28 November 2017 at 3:22pm
Work is going on in the old dry cleaners in the precinct, so it looks like we will be getting a Costa Coffee.

-------------
Sunray

Date Posted: 28 November 2017 at 3:55pm
Hi,
Yes started yesterday, they aim to be finished by 19th December.

-------------
CharlieB

Posted By: jilly
Date Posted: 28 November 2017 at 6:17pm
Costa have a recruitment poster on their store at Amersham Tesco for staff for CSP.To ooen in January

Posted By: EmmaO
Date Posted: 28 November 2017 at 7:37pm
All good news, anything that improves footfall. At this time of year can I just encourage people to shop locally, some of our local shops are really struggling, some are seeing a large decrease in business this year, several shops that I think people will really miss have mentioned to me that they don't know what to do next and aren't sure how much longer they can carry on. There are some lovely gifts about and don't forget our fantastic butcher for the best turkey you'll taste.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)

Posted By: MV Owner
Date Posted: 28 November 2017 at 8:35pm
when it comes to the best turkeys you'll taste, I haven't tasted Judds but for me they have to be Appledore from Savanna's GX or even better a Peeles Norfolk Black or Narragansett.  Especially when brined, cooked at 280 degrees (the Thomas Keller method) and served slightly pink these birds are mindblowing (certainly when I cook them anyway)

Removing the breasts, legs and oysters from the carcass and then carving them up on a board (as opposed to trying to carve them on the carcass) is also worth undertaking after having had a few glasses of Dom Perignon with some Stella chasers

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: 28 November 2017 at 9:10pm
Come on MV support our Chalfont businesses... I will certainly be selecting my bird to tuck into this Xmas from Chalfont.

Date Posted: 28 November 2017 at 9:12pm
Whilst Im into local business Rod (and I do go to Savanna and I really like him) its got to be Peeles every time mate.

Posted By: dickybird
Date Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:24am
So, MV Owner - sounds as if we are having Christmas turkey 🍗 at yours this year? 😄

Date Posted: 29 November 2017 at 12:10pm
Yep Dicky, bring some stellas for myself and remember a set of dumbells for Rod so he can do a few incline flys

Posted By: GXCSP
Date Posted: 20 March 2018 at 11:45am
Well they are both here ! Both very welcome.

The M&S looks particularly fantastic.

Next question then is what's going to happen to the d HSBC and the smaller unit between that and M&S ?

Date Posted: 20 March 2018 at 12:01pm
The old Friday Flowers which is currently the Wates office is going to be a shop where you can buy things for the home, ornaments, decorative accessories homewares type stuff.
HSBC still going to be a deli for cold meats/cheeses that type of thing, however they are taking forever with whatever they are doing and seems to be at a standstill at the moment.

The rubbish has been particularly bad since costa have moved in and the environmental health from the council have been round to the shops inc McColls as the shops rubbish at the rear of the shops where people are living is awful.
Hopefully this is all teething problems are will be taken care of as time progresses.

-------------
CharlieB

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net