Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trellis....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trellis....
    Posted: 02 May 2017 at 4:53pm
Well the trellis went up today. . I hate it so much....

Persimmon should be ashamed...
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:48pm
Not good but an improvement, we will only know once the vegetation grows over it
Yorkie View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:36am
Is it a metal wire trellis or a timber trellis, as I have in the past established a "green wall" using a robust wire trellis and the final result was good. Saying this, this was a brick wall not an industrial concrete retaining wall!.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:17pm
its cheap nasty timber trellis, the same you get in B and Q 

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 5:02pm
Just had a look at the trellis, I don't think it's too bad, it certainly looks better than the concrete with metal posts, it will pale down and eventually have some greenery poking through, better than I feared!
Sunray
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 7:53pm
Surely they've not finished though...

For our overseas listeners:

Chalfont St Peter Market Place, Trellis
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:40pm
How is anything going to grow up it, if there no soil for the roots?
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:51pm
I assume the idea is that it will grow over from the top, however at the present time it looks as bad to me as the precinct and that in my opinion is the worst thing that happened to the village, this is on a par. Why is it allowed to happen, something is clearly very wrong with planning systems.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:13pm
some one must be rubber stamping these plans/ installations, would love to know who....

GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:17am
Send in an FOI to CDC to see what process and Governance has been followed. Don't underestimate the power of FOIs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>