Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

vote for CSP infant school

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vote for CSP infant school
    Posted: 17 November 2017 at 9:44am
Aviva community project...

if you have'nt voted already please consider voting for CSP infant school- the  school have been trying for years to get funding to build an extension so pupils can have their lunches in the new space and to offer the school the facilities they need ...

http://avivacommunityfund.co.uk/voting/project/view/17-3520

if CSP school win they get a financial grant from aviva....

Edited by big baggles - 17 November 2017 at 9:45am
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 12:31pm
Done.
I wonder how many remember, it being part of the junior school. Before becoming part of the infant school.

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 5:22pm
thanks sid !

Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 11:38pm
It was both when I started, infants at the bottom under Mrs Mayhew and juniors at the top under Mr Bagley. Air raid shelters in each playground and a canteen right at the top. No assembly hall/ gym, that was built whilst I was there. We were taken two by two through the church to the Tithe Barn every day for school dinners (before the bypass was built) and extra classes were in the schoolroom behind the old Randalls building next to the Express Dairy, the scout hut (where Calcot is now) and the Church Hall room (pre the existing one)
Much has changed!!
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Chilternman Chilternman wrote:

It was both when I started, infants at the bottom under Mrs Mayhew and juniors at the top under Mr Bagley. Air raid shelters in each playground and a canteen right at the top. No assembly hall/ gym, that was built whilst I was there. We were taken two by two through the church to the Tithe Barn every day for school dinners (before the bypass was built) and extra classes were in the schoolroom behind the old Randalls building next to the Express Dairy, the scout hut (where Calcot is now) and the Church Hall room (pre the existing one)
Much has changed!!

Wrong school, my good friend. This thread I believe is about Lovel end.
If I remember correctly, it was built around 1957/58, For the first 2 or 3 years or maybe a little more. It was used by the junior school.
When it first opened, it only had 2 or 3 class rooms, basically it was still a building site while the kids were at school.

Edited by hissing sid - 18 November 2017 at 10:49am
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 7:49am
Done...thanks for posting this Big Baggles...it is a great school. Come on everyone let's do this...please.
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 1:22pm
Re this fund raiser, after reading the appeal. Part of the appeal talks of a facility to keep food hot.
What happed to the original kitchen? I had an aunt, who worked there as a cook. Where food was prepared and cooked on a daily basis.

Edited by hissing sid - 18 November 2017 at 1:24pm
Hissing Sid

Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 1:53pm
Yep all done Smile
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 6:07pm
thank you everyone ! - there is no facilities at the lovel end school to cook hot food, currently the food is made elsewhere ( st josephs school )  and brought over to lovel end infants...

interesting to hear about the middle school under Mrs mayhew and Mr Bagley too.....

lets hope the aviva voting comes off and the school get a well deserved boost to their building fund raising scheme

thanks for voting 

Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 1:55am
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

thank you everyone ! - there is no facilities at the lovel end school to cook hot food, currently the food is made elsewhere ( st josephs school )  and brought over to lovel end infants...

interesting to hear about the middle school under Mrs mayhew and Mr Bagley too.....

lets hope the aviva voting comes off and the school get a well deserved boost to their building fund raising scheme

thanks for voting 

So what happened to the kitchen that was once there?

Hissing Sid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>