Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do u do about a yapping dog??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 3:49pm
Definitely keep it open.

O.K. we get some threads that are only of interest to the person who submits them or just go on far too long, but we also get some key issues aired, some informative threads and a lot of sharing of guidance on local services and trades.

The Village is in a state of major change, Holycross, the Co Op, Savers, The Poachers going to a creche,The Village Hall,  I don't think it is dying just changing and as those changes occur we will need the Forum to comment upon them

I for one value it.

Sunray
Sponsored Links

GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 3:57pm
I don't think we'd actually want to close it, no need to push the nuclear button. But stories about dog poo could possibly be done without.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about the White Brasserie on Gold Hill Common soon, I'll be going there for sure. Might bring people back to the village too, and maybe this forum.

I used to also detest the idea of the new development of the Grange, but I'm actually at peace with the thing now, I actually am seeing the benefits. More people will encourage more useful shops and possibly a decent supermarket (sorry, Co op does not count!). I see they've actually widened Market place to include a pavement which is a great great thing for the village!

Perhaps we could link all the sub forums together, I doubt we need separate ones for Holy Cross development. People who go to just one forum would be pulled into other conversations perhaps ?
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Sunray Sunray wrote:

Definitely keep it open.

O.K. we get some threads that are only of interest to the person who submits them or just go on far too long, but we also get some key issues aired, some informative threads and a lot of sharing of guidance on local services and trades.

The Village is in a state of major change, Holycross, the Co Op, Savers, The Poachers going to a creche,The Village Hall,  I don't think it is dying just changing and as those changes occur we will need the Forum to comment upon them

I for one value it.

I agree with Sunray, your doing a good job. How else would I know what's going on, in my old stomping grounds.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 5:53pm
Its a definate to keep the forum open,  of course I would suggest that it was never really a real request.

Cheers

MV
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 6:24pm
I think the key words are 'self-restraint' when hobby horses are mounted - what may be of intense interest to one person is downright boring to others when it goes on, and on, and on, and on ......
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 7:56pm
Basically Rich kid, he's exercising his right. It's up to you and others, weather you wish to open and read the comments.

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 8:31pm
N,not really, that's the way forums work in reality. Threads near the top get read, lower ones don't. So when this guy starts having a conversation with himself, he keeps resurfacing the thread and generally puts people off reading further. I did ask him a while back what his point was and got some mystical evasive answer that I still don't understand.
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 9:34pm
Woof!

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 6:30pm
that dog has been yapping all day.  he is in a back garden on the junction between Joiners Way and Joiners Lane.

Edited by MV Owner - 27 March 2017 at 7:18pm
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 11:50am
Get over it. Dogs yap.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>